Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I gots to get my teeth looked at

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by MissyGallant, Jun 19, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Dis is Cassie. Momma sez I have to get my teeth looked at Friday. Wish me luck, because I don't like that vet man. He pokes me.

jomuir likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I completely understand Cassie! I don't like the doctor much nor do my boys!
    Hopefully, it is nothing serious.

3. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cassie, this is Cooper and I feel your pain!! :(. Monday I have to go see the Vet for more puppy shots and maybe some of that wormy medicine yuck!!! Then if that isn’t enough I have to listen while Mom talks about food and poop!! lol.

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Cassie, you will need your pearly whites all your life, so hang in there with the vet. Nobody likes going to the doctor!

5. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    I really am afraid that she is going to loose those two canines. The bottom one is growing at about a 45 degree angle. The top on points almost straight forward.

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Wow that is a bummer. Are those two teeth on the same side, top and bottom? I wonder how that happens. Maybe a vet dentist can help save those teeth - if you can find one I would recommend it. The bottom canines especially help keep their tongue in their mouths.... Good luck, I hope she can be helped.

ghggp and Wendy C like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    That's too bad! I'm assuming she has lance canines? If she still has room in her mouth for them and they don't impede on her bottom teeth I'd wait to pull them. Piper has lance canines and at 8 months we were all set to have him go under the knife. He'd had his first needle to relax him when the vet decided to have a quick look with the dental hygienist and she asked me to wait a few months and we'd check again (she's an awesome vet). We ended up pulling an insizor on either side of his top canines when he was neutered at 2 but fortunately we were able to keep the canines.

ghggp likes this.
  8. MissyGallant

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    It looks like it might be lance canines. I'm not sure. That is why we are taking her to the vet.

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    The vet is no fun! I hope those teefies get to stay in her mouth.