Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I nearly lost Monty

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Darren, Oct 6, 2020.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I'm sorry, Darren, but that is just too funny! FWIW, I won't take my kids' dogs either. Daughter has a Standard Schnauzer and son has the Bernese puppy who is growing into a small elephant. They're both lovely dogs but the Shelties are horrified when they show up. They don't share or play well with others, and it is their house! :confused: Hope you're feeling better now!

Hanne, Sharon7, Darren and 4 others like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Near the end Mom was unable to have a dog. So the guys would go spend the day as loaner dogs:) Her and Spitfire were best friends. Yep you read it right Mom adored him and he behaved like gold while there, on entering the door he made a beeline right for her. She liked Angus because he would stare adoringly while she talked to him and rubbed his ears.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    Sharon7, Darren, Calliesmom and 5 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    My mom absolutely loves Piper and Finnie as well...ok, Piper more lol. In the morning the routine is Piper gets to jump on her bed and wake her up. He hops on the bed and then slowly sniffs her face with his cold wet nose...she loves it! When he's misbehaving (when I'm around lol) she scoops him up and puts him on her lap! And she's 92!

Hanne, Ann, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  4. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    LOL:lol::yuckyuck:yes:

5. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    lol Yes he had previously been banished but due to the passage of time and me just not having the energy to chase him all day she agreed to try again. I think the basic story is he was his usual naughty but manageable self for a while (he is used to staying there for a good few hours during the day sometimes). When it got late he wouldn't stop barking at the door, she locked him in the living room with her....he then stole her glasses and she chased him around while he cracked the lens ( he did that last time as well). My mom is pretty slow so probably didn't make him run fast enough for his lungs to give out so he can be caught :rolleyes2:...at some point he jumped from a chair into her cabinet of figurines, luckily one just fell over inside and the arm broke off....he climbed on her dining table and she "could hear his paws scratching" (that's why I keep a cover on mine, buys you time to lift him down lol)....something about banging upstairs and she went up and he was jumping on/off her bed none-stop (i'm not sure about that as his lungs will make him stop every few jumps), apparently he doesn't listen to her........he squeaked Mr Broccoli all through her TV shows....as soon as she tried to sleep he started alternating between barking and squeaking Mr B all night....
    I'm sure there was more that I didn't take in while she was shouting at me how out of control my dog is :lol::lol:

I'm much better now thanks, I didn't get tested for Covid as they wanted me to drive 205 miles for one. The local test centre was closed for some reason... To be safe I kept my distance from my mom during the Monty handovers haha.

I think Monty ruined it and there's no more sleepovers again....he's like a little furry problem child :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. I'll take him to a few training classes when the virus is under control, it may help calm him a little.

Hanne, Calliesmom, Ann and 3 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    OMG...reading that it's hard to believe a little dog could be so bad but I imagine he was just missing you and the girls something awful. I can't help but feel sorry for him! I don't think any amount of training classes will help this behaviour lol...he is Monty.

Unbelievable they wanted you to drive 200 miles for a test! Do they not realize people in rural areas get Covid too? There was recently a lot of complaints here with people standing in line for 4-6 hours waiting to be tested...they finally opened 2 more drive through locations and made the other 4 appointment based. It's getting colder here (it actually snowed today!).
    I'm really glad your feeling better, we hadn't heard from you in awhile and I was getting worried!

Hanne, Darren, Ann and 2 others like this.
  7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    A lot is likely her. When Sca was alive he could be a wild child and Spitfire was young and even more full of it. But when they went to Mom and Dad's they stayed off the furniture as that was house rules (of course once home that rule was out the window) Only thing was at night they would chase each other but I was usually told about it while Mom and Dad laughed when I went to get them.

Darren, Calliesmom, Ann and 3 others like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Holy cow what a story Darren! ! I'very been a bit worried about you also since we hadn't heard from you lately. I wonder if you did have Covid but in any case glad you are better and sorry Monty got on your mom's last nerve!!

Hanne, Darren, Ann and 2 others like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What an adorable picture you painted! Beau wakes me up the same way! Hops on the bed and licks the tip of my nose! Gotta love shelties!!!

Darren, Piper's mom and Ann like this.
  10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    It is just mind boggling how much trouble little Monty can get into! Glad you are feeling better. Good luck with training! ;)