Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I'm glad to be back !

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by mellie, Jan 17, 2020.

1. mellie

mellie Forums Enthusiast

May 18, 2011
    East Coast
    It's been a few years. We lost our dear Sally to cancer. She was a week shy of 10. I miss my friend.

But my hubby surprised me with an adorable puppy for Christmas. It's been a long time since having a pup lol. Keeping me busy. She is a hot mess but we love her lots. Her name is Sweetpea

2. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Congratulations with your little Sweetpea - what a sweet name :yes:

Yes, a new puppy is a task - we quickly forget how it was last time :wink2:

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Welcome back to you and Sweetpea! I'm very sorry to hear about Sally. But what fun, a puppy! It's a good thing they're cute because they are work LOL, but worth it. Post some pics for us when you can!

MidWestJen, Darren and ghggp like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome back!
    Would love to see pictures too!

MidWestJen and Darren like this.
  5. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Sorry about your loss Mellie. I understand having a puppy.....hubby and I quite often said.....”what the heck were we thinking (we’re seniors lol)”, but Cooper turns 11 months next week and he is improving and yes they are so cute all is forgiven! Enjoy Sweetpea! :)

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Welcome back. I lost my special girl Brooke to cancer last May, so I understand your loss. What a wonderful surprise to get a puppy. Would love to see photos of Sweetpea. Hopefully she will live up to her name! :lol:

MidWestJen, Darren and ghggp like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Mellie, I'm so sorry you lost Sally -- it's painful and devastating. Your heart always holds a special Sally-shaped space. I think she would be so happy that Sweetpea has come to warm your soul.

MidWestJen, Darren and Sharon7 like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Congratulations on your puppy!! I'm sorry for your loss. I have a sheltie puppy, Minnie, she's almost 11 months now! Sandstorm is 10, we are grateful every day we have him.

MidWestJen and Darren like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    I wasn't here when you were last on but welcome back and I'm so sorry for your loss! :hugs
    Good to see you have little Sweetpea (love the name) and she is keeping you entertained haha!

MidWestJen likes this.