Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

I'm losing my Sweet Pink Loving Girl

Discussion in 'General Health' started by MissyGallant, Apr 18, 2019.

1. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    The treatments for Annabelle aren't working anymore. Her little throat is growing closed. She stopped eating as of last night. I just petted her at 2 am. She still tries to get to us, and looks at me with that sweet little Annabelle Lee face. She is having a hard time walking. I just keep seeing her prancing around because she wants to put on her pink fluffy dress and go for a walk and be Miss Congeniality (She was literally named my town's Miss Congeniality.) Or I see her scarfing down her food in 30 seconds flat. This is truly the part of it that sucks.

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Missy, I'm so sorry. I'm right there in the struggle with you. Just think how lucky Annabelle has been to have not only a loving, but a compassionate and thoughtful owner. We do all we can until the end, but seeing them struggle is a knife in the heart. I'm so sorry. She sounds like a wonderful character. :hugs

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm so sorry to hear about Annabelle. I think one of the toughest parts of loving our precious dogs is seeing them decline and remembering them as you do, lively and full of life. It is truly one of the most awful things we experience, and there's nothing we can do about it. Keep Annabelle close to you and try to take comfort in the knowledge that you gave her a wonderful life. Sending you big hugs. :hugs

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My heart truly goes out to you and dear Annabelle. What we would not do for more time with our beloved little ones. I know how heavy your heart is now. Please know we all care for you at this difficult time and wish soft pats and gentle hugs for you both. :hugs

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    I am so sorry about your sweet Annabelle.

6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I'm so sorry!!

Calliesmom likes this.
  7. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    Missy, I am so sorry your precious Annabelle is not responding to her treatments anymore. We all dread coming to this stage in the life of a little one who means so much to us...it is heartbreaking. But how incredibly blessed Annabelle is for all the wonderful years of love and care you have given her...try to hold onto that knowledge as you navigate the difficult decisions that will lie ahead.
    Sending many hugs, Trini

8. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I am truly sorry to hear, I just want to cry and hug you all. Poor dear sweet Annabelle. It's such an awful decision to have to make. Know that we are all here thinking of you and we'll miss Annabelle.

ghggp likes this.
  9. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I am so sorry to hear this.

10. who'dathunk

who'dathunk Forums Novice

Jan 29, 2012
    canada
    I'll think good thoughts for Annabelle and all who love her. I wish you peace.

ghggp likes this.