Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

In need of new collars

Discussion in 'Clothing, Leashes & Collars' started by Tabitha, May 16, 2019.

1. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    I have been using cloth collars for as long as I can remember. I don’t think I’ve ever used anything else. And to be honest, I’ve hated them for years. Jody’s fur gets so tangled under them and Whistle (my pit mix) is starting to get a rash from it rubbing her neck no matter how much I loosen it. I don’t use the collars to walk them hardly ever. I mostly use harnesses. So it’s just something to hold the tags. Jody also gets gray marks on his fur from his tags if I don’t keep a coat of nail polish on them. So I don’t know how well a chain would work. Any suggestions?

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I love the Red Dingo range of collars on Amazon. They never get stuck in their fur, and they were the only collars that didn't cause knots behind Deska's ears. I also loved that they come in 5 different sizes because I could never get the right size for Mr D who had a skinny neck but a lovely big ruff - any collar I that fit over his long nose he could slip out from, I was so excited when I saw Red Dingo had a S/M.

3. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I get kangaroo leather plaited martingales from Leashes by Design. They aren't cheap, but they never wear out. Penny is wearing Annie's and using her leash as well.

4. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Ohio
    The harness I have has a loop and a little velcro pouch to hold the tags. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N10JGXA/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1