Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

In the Doghouse - DONE!

Discussion in 'Diseases & Illnesses' started by Ann, Mar 9, 2019.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Checkers has decided that she is done and over this bandage business! This morning she started ripping at it and chewing it off. So the Dreaded Cone had to come out. She managed to get around the nice cushy tube cone and is confined to the heavy-duty one. She is not happy with me..... :cautious: The Cone.jpg

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh my, stink eye!!

Well, I bet Ms Checkers just wanted to let you know she is feeling so much better...
    Hence the bandage freedom wish!

She had to have learned by now...DaMamma knows best

3. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Aww Checkie! She is over it!

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and Ann like this.
  4. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    On the positive side, it's probably itchy from healing.

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and Ann like this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Oh boy, what a look! Brooke had NO patience with her bandaged leg - chewed it off immediately. Which is funny because she is kind of a tolerant easy-going dog in general. Poor Checkers - just a little bit longer, honey, and all will be well.

Piper's mom, Ann and KarenCurtis like this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Sandstorm here! checkers yu is wearing a cone! yu is a cute cone sheltie! i hope my new bruther or sister gets to wear a cone!

Hanne, Piper's mom and Ann like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Oh no Checkers! You were so close to being done with it, now you've gone and blown it!!!

I bet Checkers is sorry she tried to chew her bandage off, that cone is pretty big!

KarenCurtis and Ann like this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    We go back to the vet tomorrow morning and I am really hoping we'll be done with the bandaging. :fl It all depends on how the sore on the other side of her leg is looking. Fingers crossed...I'd like to be done with this as much as her! This morning I was able to put the nice, cushy tube cone on her and so far she isn't trying to get around it. She's a smart girl!

9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Similar thing happened to my girl years ago when she had to wear a splint...the vet had failed to trim down the fur between her pads and after 2 weeks the splint HAD to come off as she'd developed an infection between her pads from sweating. We went from one problem to another problem and then dealing with that! Can be so frustrating! At least splinting had fixed her limp lol.

Ann likes this.
  10. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    It is frustrating! The bandage would be off by now because the graft is healed but about 10 days ago we had a substitute vet bandage her. She didn't put enough telfa pads on the other side of her leg and it got rubbed raw. I was holding Checkers but didn't feel that I should tell her what to do. Lesson learned! That won't happen again...

KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.