Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Incredible Story

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Ann, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    This isn't a Sheltie story but it could happen to any of us who travel with our dogs in cars. This gal was at a show loading her van to come home with her Boxer tucked into his crate there when, from 15 feet away, she watched someone drive it away with the dog inside. It was a heart-stopping 24 hours of desperation as she tried to find her dog...she didn't care about her van, her purse, or anything else inside. Posts flew all over Facebook as we all shared every update and held our breath, knowing this could happen to any of us.

I won't spoil the ending for you, it's worth reading. God bless these people!
    https://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2022/01/11/st-paul-family-finds-stolen-dog/#.Yd21MczIS5w.facebook

trini, Darren, Ron Atkinson and 4 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Talk about the kindness of strangers! What a great and happy ending! Makes you regain faith in humanity!
    Thanks for sharing!❤️

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I just read about that story Ann...and saw the many posts about it. I must say I cried when I read about how he was found. Im guessing that the vehicle was found at the guys place who’d stolen it...there’s a special place in hell for people like that. That he left the dog (and locked the vehicle) in well below freezing temperatures for over 2 days without notifying anyone....
    The couple who went out to look and found him are angels!

4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Holy crap. So lucky that the dog survived in the cold, boxers have such thin skin and short hair. He had several angels watching out for him. I can't even imagine the anguish that lady felt watching someone drive off with her dog in the van. Really thankful there's a happy ending, kudos to the couple who went the extra mile and got him out of there.

Ron Atkinson, trini, Darren and 5 others like this.
  5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    I hope that man freezes his :cyclops::cyclops:s off like he did that poor Boxer!!!

Hanne, trini, Darren and 5 others like this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    I couldn’t agree more!

Hanne, trini, Darren and 4 others like this.
  7. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    I also agree, thank goodness to those folks that searched for him. He is one very lucky dog :)

It just makes me thankful that my truck has remote start. Any time I leave Teddy which is rarely. I remote start the truck to keep it warm and it locks the doors. I never leave my key in the truck.

Thanks for sharing the article Ann :)

Hanne, trini, Darren and 4 others like this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    I think that's too kind for him, Chris. :dead:

Hanne, trini, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Thanks for sharing Ann, I'm so pleased there was a happy ending!

100% Chris, he deserves that and more. If anyone ever did something like that with Monty then I wouldn't like to say what I would do :mad:

Hanne, trini, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    My local news just showed this story:pop

trini, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.