Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Introducing Asher!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Chris, Sep 24, 2022.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Asher is home at Nattering Springs at last! I picked him up in Danbury, CT, yesterday. His breeders have been incredible throughout the process. We spent the night in a less-than-optimal hotel, and I wound up leaving just before dawn (cleaning product odor was overwhelming!). Asher was perfect the entire time -- and that's a not-quite-eight-week-old puppy traveling from Ontario, Canada, to Northern Virginia!!!

Asher is following The Monks of New Skete regimen, and so far, he's had no accidents and all systems are go. Penny and Loki seem fine with him, though Loki can be a bit impatient. Here's the new boy:

IMG_3205.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Congratulations Chris! I’m so excited and happy for you! Asher looks absolutely adorable and I have no doubt following the Monks of New Skete regimen he’ll be housebroken in no time (I did this with Blueberry). What a good boy to travel all that way, sorry about the hotel…been there done that as they say (I’ve stayed in some nasty motels travelling with the dogs to shows!)
    I’m sure he’ll make himself at home in no time! This puppy will have the absolute best home ever!

RikyR, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    He is beautiful. He is blessed to be a part of your home. Looking forward to reading about his life.

RikyR, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    can't wait for more pictures and videos of the sweet little guy :)

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    suuuuper cuute- but he doesn't look very merley...............

RikyR, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  6. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Absolutely Adorable, :) Sounds like you had a mini-adventure just going to get Asher. Looking forward to hearing about him settling into his new home. It won't take him long to figure out how lucky he is. Congratulations again.

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh. My. Gosh. He is SO handsome! Look at all that white on his face! Are his eyes all brown or some blue in them? He's a blondie like Meadow. Any obvious Merle markings? Congratulations - you look so happy and he's going to have the most wonderful life with you. Welcome, Asher!

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    His eyes are all brown.

9. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    H
    Asher in a sable merle, so his sable is diluted, and he's bi-factored.

10. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow! What an adorable pup which will have the BEST Sheltie life ever in your home. He won the Sheltie lottery! Congratulations on Asher’s safe homecoming! How did you arrive at his name?