Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Introducing....

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Sandy in CT, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Deacon!
    Deacon William Brodie was a Scotsman of the clan Brodie (pup is of Brodie's 'clan'). In that time, 'Deacon' was a president - he was head of a trades association; master carpenter and locksmith, respected city council member.... by day at least..... Deacon Brodie led a double life (pup has a double colored coat and double colored eyes) as a thief! (pup stole our hearts). As an English name, Deacon means dusty... Robert Louis Stevenson based 'The Strange Case of Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde' on the life of Deacon Brodie.

Deacon is fitting in very well; he is lively and playful and hyper but yet sits and ponders things at time; content and quiet. He is a tad heavier than Brodie at his age by a few ounces but a bit shorter than Brodie was. He has never cried in his crate, Saturday - Thursday I woke him up during the night once. Friday night - last night, he slept through the night until 6 ish. He 'owned' his playpen area with no accidents so I moved him to a larger area; he has about double that space in the hallway between the kitchen and powder-room and so far so good there. He has rung the bells at the back door a few times to poo while out.

Here are two videos of him and Brodie from last night...

JacqueZ, Cindy, RikyR and 13 others like this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    love it:yes:
    those videos are awesome- keep them coming:pop

RikyR, Hanne, KarenCurtis and 4 others like this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    What a sweetie! LOVE seeing him play with Brodie...that's one of the best things about a puppy, how much fun they are for their older housemates. He is just darling, Sandy! And what a beautiful face! :love:

4. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Deacon, welcome to Sheltie Nation! Love your name and wish your Mom could bottle your energy!!

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh I love the name Deacon! He is a sassy little guy, love the videos. We had so much fun watching Meadow play with Elijah and Faith, and they still all play. Looks like Brodie thinks his little brother is a great new addition! He is super cute!

6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Love the name Deacon as well as the many definitions!
    Great videos, so nice to see them getting along so well!

7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Deacon Certainly is a bold little guy! Love that hop on the first video where all four paws are so go the ground! Hearing Brodie at his young age shows his confidence!
    Yes, keep those videos coming... they grow so fast!
    Thanks for sharing...

8. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I am in love! He is so cute! Great name choice too.

9. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Oh he's such a little rascal. Welcome Deacon!

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Like it, not Whitey good but I like it :ROFLMAO: (see where Spitfire gets it from)

Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.