Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's a hard knock life.

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Sep 15, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    We have a weekday routine that we follow, not that Willow minds changing it up, and most weekdays follow the same pattern.

Every morning starts with opening her crate door. She comes out, stretches and then hops up on the bed for cuddle time. Next is out for bathroom duties followed by breakfast with kibble and fresh berries. We have our oatmeal and then I take her for a walk. Here's what the day looked like on this morning's walk.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-46bqJ9m/0/7bd1464b/X3/IMG_3234-X3.jpg

After a few miles, we head back and Willow takes a power nap until lunchtime approaches.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-pwPCRQB/0/559e22ec/X3/IMG_3240-X3.jpg

Here she is watching to make sure mom gets home from work safely to eat with us. When mom heads back to work, it's nap time again. followed by watching for mom once more.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-c36C2QS/0/cc0ed283/X3/IMG_3243-X3.jpg

Dinner is at five and if you aren't watching the time she'll let you know with the Sheltie death stare. After dinner, it's walk time. At bedtime she hops up on the couch for teeth brushing, then out and upstairs to bed. She goes into her crate without prompting and that's her day.

Hanne, RikyR, Ann and 7 others like this.
  2. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Love her happy smile!

Ann, Darren, Sharon7 and 1 other person like this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Now I have that song in my head....

Willow has quite the life! I am jealous!!! And wow - you just have a beautiful area to walk around in!!!

Ann, Darren and GlennR like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I find that our dogs have always liked routine. And yes, they can tell time for sure. My hubby said the other day he was at the computer and at the stroke of five o'clock, Faith came up and nudged him. "Time for a walk, Dad!" The daylight savings time changes really throw them for a loop though!

I would imagine Willow enjoys these days as long as you are keeping her company, it's all good! A beautiful place to walk.

Hanne, Ann, Calliesmom and 2 others like this.
  5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    I have zero sense of time so my guys have no schedule :ROFLMAO:

Darren, Calliesmom, GlennR and 3 others like this.
  6. Hanne

Hanne Forums Sage

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Both Minnie and I like a lot of routines until we have eaten our dinner,
    then there is free until we must have supper :lol:

Piper's mom and GlennR like this.