Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's always a coin flip...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jun 28, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    It's always a bit of a coin toss as to who is training who when we are busy learning new tricks. We spent a little time earlier in the year learning to hop up on benches and walk along them to the end. She got a piece of kibble with each correct performance. When we walk now she's always on the lookout for a bench or a big rock or bleacher to go up on and walk from end to end so she can "earn" another piece of kibble. She's a little extortionist with her bright eyes, smile, and expectant expression.

Piper's mom, Hanne, Darren and 5 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Sage

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Works though, right?! She has you pegged! :)

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Don't I know it! We have the same with Meadow. It's fun to watch each new challenge met, but then they look around for stuff to "perform" to earn another treat!

Piper's mom, Hanne, Darren and 2 others like this.
  4. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Of course it works. :):)

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yep- always on the lookout for ways to get cookies:yes:

Piper's mom and GlennR like this.
  6. mimiretz

mimiretz Forums Enthusiast

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    When Oberon was a puppy I would take him to Puppy Playtime at Petco, which is supervised by one of the trainers. She would give each dog a treat the first time she saw them. Oberon knew to sit to get a treat, and he'd get his. Then he'd go through his whole treat routine -- sitting, laying down, dancing, etc. -- thinking he could get a treat for each one (spoiler: yes, he did).

7. pomshe

pomshe Forums Enthusiast

Apr 6, 2015
    Pittsburgh
    Lol, I was just going to post that my dogs do the same thing! It is almost like a dance routine - sit, lay down, spin left, spin right, roll over, jump, sit, repeat! They all do it at the same time - it is hilarious!

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    my first dog was like that- if you went near the cookies or had a cookie- he'd do every trick he knew so he could get the cookie :winkgrin: