Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

It's been a while, but I'm back!

Discussion in 'Say Hello!' started by Judyg, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Judyg

Judyg Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I joined this forum a little over 5 years ago before I got my first Sheltie Lacey. She is 5 now and around 6 weeks ago we brought home this little guy. He's a bi blue and qui8te the looker.
    His name is Skye. He is 15 1/2 weeks old and a total sweetheart.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    DianeP, Calliesmom, Ann and 3 others like this.
  2. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    welcome back to you, Lacey and little Skye :yes:

Calliesmom likes this.
  3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    How fun! Can't wait to hear about your adventures with Lacey and Skye!

Calliesmom likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Totally remember you and Lacey, Judy! Welcome back and we need pictures of Skye! My first Sheltie 30 some years ago was also Skye, but a girl. You will love having two Shelties. :yes:

Calliesmom likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Welcome back Judy, Lacey, and Skye! Pictures please!
    Love the name Skye for a bi-blue! Such an appropriate name!

Calliesmom likes this.
  6. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    Welcome back Judy and Lacey, and congratulations on your new family Mr. Skye!

Calliesmom likes this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yes- welcome back and congrats on your biblue:yes:

8. Judyg

Judyg Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    I want to post a picture of him, but can’t figure it out. I used to be a premium member, but I’m not now. Any tips?

9. Judyg

Judyg Forums Enthusiast

Oct 20, 2013
    Riverside, Ca.
    We have had quite an interesting time here. Lacey and I have been running agility off and on for the last 4 years. we did really well to start, but then nothing seemed right. I moved on to a new trainer and spent a long time retraining. Then we discovered that Lacey had an injury so PT and rest were in order. She also has a very mild case of locating patella. She runs in Preferred to avoid putting excessive stress on her back knees. I worked with my trainer with Fit Paws equipment to help her regain her strength and also had to retrain her so that she didn't take fly8ing leaps off the A Frame. Finally got that corrected and we started trialing again. We are now with 2 legs in Excellent Standard and 1 in jumpers.

Then there is/was Milo. He was diagnosed with lung cancer early last year. We knew our time was limited with him, but didn't expect it to develop so fast. We lost him at the end of May and 3 weeks later lost our 20 year old cat. It was rough. We decided to get another puppy after that and I wanted another Sheltie. I have been in contact with the breeders who own 2 of her litter sisters. One of them put me in touch with the breeder that we ended up getting Skye from. Both he and Lacey have the same Grandsire. It's been an interesting time, both good and bad, but here we are now with 2 beautiful Shelties who keep me very busy.

10. HikerDog

HikerDog Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2019
    I'm not a premium member (yet :wink2:) so for now, I upload them to a website. You could use Facebook but I don't have one so I use Flickr. From there, you can copy the link to your picture and paste it into your post :)

So sorry for your loss. A long while back, I lost my childhood dog about three weeks after my grandmother passed. Those back-to-back losses are something terrible. I hope you are starting to heal <3

Sounds like you have a lovely duo on your hands. Can't wait to see pictures!