Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Jan 2019 Pensacola agility

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I've gotten to where I only take 2 to farther trials so I can crate out of the car.
    so Dixie and Jocu got to run on Saturday then Dixie and Destin got to run on Sunday.
    Destin used to always get to go Pensacola as we might run into his breeder there but since she moved out of the area, Jocu gets to play there now too.
    I've been running Jocu in Fast so he can be on the contacts in a trial before he starts running standard......

Dixie Jww Sat
    Dixie Std Sat

Jocu Jww Sat
    Jocu Fast Sat

Dixie Jww Sun
    Dixie Std Sun

Destin Jww Sun
    Destin Std Sun

danisgoat likes this.
  2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Dixie was definitely running better on Sunday, he jumps really high, looks like he could jump much higher than the height level he's on. Interesting how he pops out on the second last weave,Tully did that and I kept being told I must be pulling her out, but I didn't see you doing that with dixie so maybe some dogs are just really impatient.

Destin of course looked like a star, I get the feeling she's telling you that you aren't going fast enough for her. What was with the cone though - that was funny, was she going to pinch it or did she think she was doing some other dog sport.

And I did notice how Jocu gave you a bit of a bark to tell you off for doing that blind cross!

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Dixie is my only girl- she measures into 16" but she's jumping in preferred at 12". she has the same vision issue as Cran but not to the degree that he has it so basically they both overjump as they aren't entirely sure where the bar is. her weaves have become an issue- she's popping out early a lot. I've started making her weave 14 poles instead of 12 so when she pops, she'll be at the end. she did see a doggie chiropractor at a following trial several weeks later.

Destin- I do not go fast enough for him. ever....
    he hasn't gotten the weave reps the other dogs did so he doesn't have any confidence weaving- so visiting the cone is weave avoidance. we've started reworking the weaves as I really need those to be independent so I can get ahead at least one place on course... He is pretty awesome though.

Jocu- he does talk a little when we're running- especially in the weaves.
    in the jww course, not sure why he decided to cut behind me and head for the offcourse jump but anything that interrupts the flow will set off barking..
    that wasn't supposed to be a blind- we were running straight ahead and he should have stayed on my left until I sent him to the tunnel.