Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Jan agility-Pensacola

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so I failed to post about our previous trial in Pensacola in November. we did ok. I am mostly keeping Destin in Novice so we can work on start line stays in trial environments.
    I entered him in Novice Fast as a way to add another start line to our trial work. He held the stay long enough for me to release him and got a Q. He also Qd in Jww however he broke in Std so no run on Sat for him. He ran Std on Sunday since he held his stay and had a great jww run.

Dixie was in Jww and Std on Sat and then Std and Jww on Sunday - I messed her up in a few places and she dropped some bars but we had some good spots.

Jocu broke his start in Jww on Sat so no run for him - he did have a nice run in Jww on Sunday.

there are videos but no ribbon pix yet....

Pam and ghggp like this.
  2. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    Congrats! We were off trials for 3 months dealing with family stuff but finally got back to it last weekend. Do you pick Jocu up and walk him off when he breaks his startline?

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    I did not pick him up but I did put his leash on and walked him out.
    Recent advice that I got was to take him straight to the practice jump and set him up in a stay there and release him to the jump and reward that.
    he broke on Sat and held it on Sunday so hopefully this weekend, he'll hold all his stays:fl

ghggp likes this.
  4. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    I'm fighting a sticky sightseeing from the top of the A-Frame thing right now. I might pick her up and carry her off if she pulls it again this weekend

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sometimes you gotta do it............

6. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Agility looks so easy when you see it broadcast! I am just beginning obedience and can't imagine what must go into training for agility competition!
    I am always amazed at the weave poles! The concentration on the dogs face and how it looks like they are going straight with a slight curve to their body!
    Good luck to you both for your 2018 competitions! :yes:

Lanie and Pam like this.
  7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    yeah- when it goes well, it does look easy but there's definitely a lot of time put into training to get to that point.
    the thing about agility is that the course is different every time which makes you change how you set up the dog and how you do everything after that......

8. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    LOL She must have heard me. Her A-Frame was beautiful today.

9. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
  10. Lanie

Lanie Forums Enthusiast

Nov 9, 2013
    California
    It's not easy, but it's probably the most fun thing I've ever done.
    Thanks!