Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Just a touch eccentric...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Apr 16, 2019.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow has developed some odd beliefs and behaviors.

She insists a towel is the only civilized place to consume chew treats, we call it her tablecloth, and it must be placed, folded in half, on the floor for her to lie on. If you don't do this, she just carries the chew around, pacing, until you comply with her wishes.

Recently she started drinking by nudging her water bowl with her nose until it spills onto the rubber boot mat we place her dishes on. Then she licks it up from the mat. Why? Who knows...

Most mornings she plays with her food dish once it's empty. She plays bowlie and that stainless steel dish never gets past her.

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-tZkfFjH/0/face3704/1280/20190411_130712-1280.mp4

I suppose it might be annoying if it didn't make us laugh so much.

Hanne, Margi, Ann and 4 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Someone here has posted a few times... shelties are quirky!

Off topic - but man, her coat gets prettier and prettier and prettier. She really has fantastic coloring!

We do that play with rocks outside, not sure why. And he has a squeaker that Kooper tore from a hedgehog - elicits the same type of play. We also love splashing water and hubby has decided we need to get Brodie a kiddie pool for the summer. This from the guy who insisted he wanted NOTHING to do with another dog, yet Sunday we had to get Brodie up to ride to JFK with us when we left at 5 am.

Our sheltie that I grew up with was totally spoiled by my parents. Sarah was supposedly my dog, but they did a number on her. She traveled with us extensively throughout the US as I grew up. She slept in mom and dad's room, mom insisted since SHE built Sarah's bed. Mom made her this platform bed because she couldn't sleep directly on the floor you know! And she used a jig saw to make this fancy back for the bed; it was the size of a bed pillow. Mom would fluff the pillow every night or Sarah would not get into her bed. Once the pillow was fluffed though, she'd settled down for the night and you could hear the 3 of them snoring away, peaceful as all get out... :)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019
    Ann, ghggp, Sharon7 and 3 others like this.
  3. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts

4. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Lol! She's an OCD sheltie, not uncommon

Calliesmom and GlennR like this.
  5. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Premium Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Cassie lays on her back to chew on rawhides.

Cooper only allows himself to be picked up on the left side.

Bonnie used to take three kibbles from her food dish and place them on the floor. Then she ate everything in the dish. And then those three kibbles. She also dragged all shoes into the living room where they could be supervised.

They are eccentric creatures.

Ann, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  6. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Shoe herding, yes, we have a variation on that. She takes all the crocs we use for gardening and brings them into the living room.

Sharon7, Calliesmom and Sandy in CT like this.
  7. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    :yuckyuck:yuckyuck

Calliesmom, Sandy in CT and GlennR like this.
  8. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Sca would flip his bowl over and push it all over the kitchen tile. I had to get unflippable bowls just for him. Spitfire has no quirks :ROFLMAO: Angus is fairly sane with most of his designed to guard against the orange horror.

KarenCurtis, GlennR and Calliesmom like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    you can't go anywhere without her if she has all the shoes:winkgrin:

mimiretz, GlennR, KarenCurtis and 4 others like this.
  10. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Hilarious - Shelties are just so dang funny. Love all these stories.

Calliesmom, GlennR and KarenCurtis like this.