Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Justus and Flyer 2018

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by 2GoodDogs, Jan 22, 2018.

1. 2GoodDogs

2GoodDogs Forums Enthusiast

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    We trialed the weekend of January 12, 2018. Justus entered Preferred Utility with the goal of less barking. We did that. :) And as a bonus on Saturday, he had no auto-finishes, except on the moving stand where it is appropriate. :D We took home the Preferred High In Trial with a 192.5. On Sunday, he qualified again but with 3 barks and one auto finish, Mr. 188.5 won his class but no high honors. I am encouraged. We will finish the title, and hopefully improve enough to go back into the regular B classes for OM points.

Mr. Flyer... hmmm. He was AWESOME, until those group stays. I'm not sorry they are going away. He survived the long sit, to stand up on the long down. Sigh. Otherwise his Open A debut was great, only losing 3 points on the individual exercises, both days. Sunday was a repeat, except he stood up on the sit-stay and down-stay in groups. 0 for 2 for Flyer. We will try our luck in Preferred Open this coming weekend. No group stays, Yay!

If you get a chance to show to the Kincaids, Aimee and Ken are wonderful people whose dedication to the sport is remarkable. I'll be seeking them out again!

Pam likes this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OUSTANDING RESULTS!!!
    We knew Mr. Flyer would not let you down!

Videos???

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    sounds like a great weekend:yes:
    pretty sure that Aimee was the judge when Cran got his RA in SC.
    I saw her husband judging but we didn't actually show to him.

4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    You guys had a fantastic weekend...great job all around! Here in canada the CKC will now have a separate stream in open...first will have the out of sight stays and other will have 3 position changes as well as an in sight 3 minute sit stay where you return to your dog after 1 minute and walk past dog and return to far end of ring to wait final 2 minutes. I'm not sure I care for it but I'll give it a try (I've been training Piper for it), so far we've been good on the out of sights but that may change lol.

5. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Well that was fun. :) Saturday Flyer showed in Preferred Open to Kathy Knight. She's one of my favorites and I usually do well in her ring. Flyer did a great job, earning a 196.5! That was good for 2nd place to Leslye and Rocket who aced their heeling and earned a 197.5!

On Sunday, in Bob Knight's ring ... ugh, I don't do well under Bob and I thought that would change, we were doing at least as well as Saturday until a bad bounce on the dumbell. He did not go on the command to Retrieve on Flat. He started to, but sat back down thinking that just doesn't look right. :(
    Indeed, the dumbell landed and rolled right next to the high jump. Poor guy, he wasn't sure.
    Oh well, he'll get it right next time! :)

Love this boy!

6. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Justus just entered the Rally trial on 2-17 and 2-18, for four master courses! Looking for loose change so Flyer can enter and play too... (getting excited about entering Flyer in Rally National competition this June!)

7. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    we have 2 rally trials coming up in early March. yes- can't wait to try and get in the RNC....:fl
    would be so exciting to see you there....:pop

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Premium Member

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Congratulations to both of you, fantastic score! You just never know what's going to happen in the ring :)

9. Pam

Pam Forums Enthusiast

Mar 4, 2017
    Congratulations!

10. 2GoodDogs

Jun 17, 2010
    atlanta
    Wow, Masters just doesn't come easy for me! Four runs with Justus and I had 1-2 IP's each course! Lordy Mercy! We were in the ribbons 3 of 4 times because everyone else was struggling with IP's too! Two yellows, a white, and the always grateful for single green flat ribbon...

I sat him when I should not have, didn't when I should, and did not pause on the moving stand pick up... I saved course maps, circled the signs I blew and will work on those!

Flyer ran 4 Excellent classes, 99-98-98-87 (oops!) Two red ribbons, a yellow and a simple green.,.
    One the 2nd trial we picked up our first RAE leg, it was the only trial we entered both Ex and Adv, because at $27/22 and 9 runs, well that's as far as I could go with out breaking the bank...

I am very proud of qualifying in all 9 runs...

Lots of time to practice rally, Flyer is going to Ohio in June, our entry in RNC accepted! So exciting, even more so because Calliesmom is going too!