Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Kip @ 14 Weeks Old

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by Elei, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    Here is a quick video of Kip. Mostly photos and a short video clip.

Kip is now 10.4 lbs. He went to his first agility seminar last week, and was a very good puppy. We don't do any obstacles, since he is too young, just puppy foundation stuff. We played a lot on the field, did tricks, and worked on 'stay'. He was not bothered by all the people or barking dogs. A bit distracted at times, but not scared. He got to meet lots of people, and some friendly adult dogs.

Ann, Sharon7, TheDailyPainter and 2 others like this.
  2. HikerDog

HikerDog Forums Regular

Jan 28, 2019
    So cute! I love his little blaze on top of his forehead

Elei and Calliesmom like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thanks for your sweet video
    - the last photo where you hold him is so adorable :yes:

It's a pleasure to read about
    how good you are to socialize him in his pace :wink2:

Ann, Calliesmom and Elei like this.
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts

5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    That's great!!! Minnie, 7 months, loves agility. I signed up for another class

Calliesmom and Elei like this.
  6. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    He is adorable.....just think now long ago you were asking should you contact the breeder....aren’t you glad you did? A perfect match! :)

Ann, Calliesmom, Hanne and 1 other person like this.
  7. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    Absolutely!! I am sooo happy & lucky that I ended up with Kip. The breeder told me she probably would have kept Kip if I hadn't been interested in him. And thank you all again for encouraging me!! :)

8. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    That's great that you and Minnie are enjoying agility. Isn't it fun?? I think Kip will love agility because he loves running fast.

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Really enjoyed these photos. Interesting that we now have a number of bi-black Sheltie owners on the Forums. My angel Brooke was such a pretty bi-black and I love the color. Kip seems like such a great dog, lucky you!

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and Elei like this.
  10. Elei

Elei Forums Regular

Jul 10, 2019
    I really like Kip's color too. I think his crisp black and white markings are so striking, and his speckled feet are adorable. His dad and 2 of his brothers are bi-black as well. Mom and 3rd brother were black tri. But I love all Sheltie colors:) Unsurprisingly, most people have no clue what breed Kip is. Some guess Border Collie or Aussie, but most just have no idea. Only a few people have guessed correctly, and they all say that they've never/rarely seen a bi-black before. I'm thinking I should carry 'All about Shelties' flyers with me to hand out to all the people I meet who don't know what a Sheltie/Shetland Sheepdog is.

Ann, Calliesmom, HikerDog and 3 others like this.