Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Kip Photos - 8.5 Months Old

Discussion in 'Fuzzy Photo Updates' started by Elei, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    I decided to get a premium membership, because I'm hoping posting photos of Kip here will help keep me from going crazy during the pandemic:)

A few days ago I took Kip for a hike in the ranch land near our farm. Its very safe - no other humans for miles! Here are some photos from our hike. The mountain in the one photo is Mauna Kea, our tallest volcano.
    IMG_6144.jpg IMG_6153.jpg IMG_6127.jpg IMG_6128.jpg IMG_6132.jpg IMG_6124.jpg

2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Love those last two photos!!!! Looks like such a beautiful area to be able to walk - he is quite the handsome teen!!!!

Piper's mom, ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    ADORABLE!!!!

Piper's mom and ghggp like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow ... what a beautiful boy and luscious coat!

KarenCurtis and Piper's mom like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Love these photos! He is turning out so handsome! did you do his ears? I'm getting myself worked up over having to do Meadow's ears but the breeder said she'd show me tomorrow. I'd love for her to have tipped ears. My first two that I got as puppies had naturally tipped ears, I don't know how we got that lucky! But Faith and Eli have upright ears. At least they aren't huge and we don't care that much about it, but if there's a choice.....

7. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Yes, I did do his ears. Its the first time I've ever done it. Kip's breeder looked at these pictures and said 'nice job with the ears', so I guess they turned out ok! Here is another picture showing his cute ears:) IMG_6133.jpg
    The breeder showed me how when I picked him up. We used the gluing method with 'tear mender' leather glue. I got better as time went on, but Kip was so wiggly! The hardest part was gluing the ears together on top of his head. It was hard to get them close together. I know a lot of people recommend keeping the ears glued until they're done with teething, or longer ... but I didn't. I quit gluing a few months ago when Kip and I ran out of patience!

P.S. I got quite worked up about having to do Kip's ears too, especially when he kept rolling in wet grass every few days and ruining the glue!

8. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Elei - lovely pic of your Kip - love the first pic too

Piper's mom and KarenCurtis like this.
  9. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I used tear mender also, and it did get easier. I never could do the ears together part, but Minnie's ears aren't low anyways. I stopped at 8 months old. Kip looks beautiful!

Ann and Piper's mom like this.
  10. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It's easy Sharon. I just did the tips, Minnie's ears aren't low so it turned out nicely.

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.