Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Kip Update - Almost 2!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Elei, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    We haven’t posted in awhile, busy with everything I guess. But we’re back!

Kip will be 2 next month!! I’m in denial. He’s still my tiny baby! He’s doing really good- all healed up after his last foot injury. He’s his usual crazy and sweet self. He herds calves, does agility, swims, goes hiking, strength training, etc... We’re having an absolute blast at agility. He’s the fastest dog I’ve ever had, and he loves agility! Still doing a lot of foundation training, and still a long ways to go.

I’m hopeful Kip’s brother will be joining us soon, but I’ll start a separate thread for him when I have more info.

Darren, ghggp, Piper's mom and 8 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    How can Kip be almost 2??? Those 2 years have gone by way too fast!! But great news that his foot is 100% healed so he can be back to all the activities he loves. We look forward to hearing about his brother and hope Kip will be as excited as you to have his brother join the family.
    Trini

Darren, ghggp, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    I've been wondering about you two! Really is astonishing that Kip is going to be 2! Wow I still remember you posting, "should I contact this breeder?". He has an amazing life with you Elei. Looking forward to hearing more about the brother also. Shelties are so great in multiples!

Darren, ghggp, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  4. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    Here’s a recent video of Kip doing agility.

Haha, me too! It was certainly the right decision!!! Not only do I have the most amazing dog imaginable, I also have a wonderful relationship with his breeder who has been super supportive in every way.

I’m looking forward to having 3 dogs: 2 Shelties + Jessie. I know Kip will enjoy having a playmate (Jessie doesn’t play much), but I also want to make sure Kip still knows he’s my baby. End of Summer is the earliest his brother could arrive, due to heat travel restrictions.

5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Kip looks great!!!!

You will enjoy having another sheltie. It really isn't much more. I find Brodie has SO much energy that adding another to the mix really isn't the big deal we thought it might be. Hubby was so adamant on not having 3 dogs, it's really no more than us having our three kids. You have one and your life changes, you add another and see how your life really changes cuz 1 wasn't really all that big of a deal compared to having 2. The third just slides into place pretty easily, and so on and so on as some here can attest!

Brodie and Deacon are good housemates - sometimes they play, sometimes they do not. Each gets their own time with each of us. Excited for you and Kip!!!

Darren, ghggp, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Boy he's flying through those tunnels. Looks like he's having a blast.

Darren, Elei, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Already 2?....where’d the time go! Glad to hear his paw is finally all better! Looks like he’s having a blast with his training! Can’t wait to hear more about his brother!

Darren, Elei, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  8. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Wow… Kip looks like a lighting bolt racing around and through those tunnels! Good thing you can keep up with him! Love the exuberance in your voice which makes Kip want to please you! It is all about having fun! Glad he is all better!
    I agree, I have three and love each one!

Darren, Piper's mom and Sandy in CT like this.
  9. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Wow the years go too quickly!
    Kip is like a super sheltie, there's nothing he can't do. I look at kip doing agility, hearding, going for swims, solving equations.......then I look at Monty standing on a table with a stuffed Broccoli :rolleyes2:.......I think mine is broken :lol:

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.