Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

LA indoor agility trial

Discussion in 'Agility' started by Calliesmom, Sep 2, 2018.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    there's been a Labor Day weekend indoor trial for a while but I don't usually have the opportunity to go to it. My friend and I decided to go one day of the three days and see what it's like there so we were there yesterday.
    I only entered Jocu and Dixie - Jocu ran in Novice Fast and they were both in Master JWW.
    Dixie ran in Master Std.
    They were pretty good runs..... especially since we haven't had many opportunities to practice with all the rain.....................

corbinam, ghggp and Cara Sandler like this.
  2. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Love Dixie's run :) She reminds me a lot of Skylar!

3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Ha ha, I saw the post title and thought you meant Los Angeles (LA), and wondered why it would be indoors, LOL. I think almost all trials around So Cal are outdoors. Glad you had a nice time.

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Looks like all the runs were great! Don’t you just love it when your pups do well with little training? It makes me so happy when my boys surprised and delight me that way! Makes you really proud of them!

I just wish when these people video record these runs they would use the zoom feature on their camera when you are at the far end of the arena!

5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    zooming on a tablet while recording agility is challenging so I don't worry about it. I've had people zoom in too much and then you can't see both of us which makes it difficult to see how the dog is responding to what you are doing.
    what bothers me when people video is when they use their phone and don't turn it sideways to get a landscape format.....

6. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    most of our trials are also outdoors and usually only in spring, fall and winter- we don't have many summer trials in this area because of the weather:winkgrin:

7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Nice runs! I liked the comparison of Jocu and Dixie in JWW. He’s clearly a bit more thoughtful but she’s speedier!

No runs for Cran or Destin?

8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    no, we hadn't been to this arena before and weren't sure what it would be like. I tend to enter the Master level dogs at farther trials so we don't have to stay until the end. All Fast ran before regular std and jww so entering Jocu in that ended up as our first run of the weekend and then we got to std and finished with jww. the open and novice jww were still to go when we were packing up. it ended up being a long day since it was a one ring trial but we had fun.
    I'm getting ready to enter Jocu in std later this fall so thought Fast would be a good trial run for his contacts. He did well so I'm happy with that.
    Jocu wants to do it right and will let me get where I need to be so he does not go all out. Dixie likes to go fast so she does not always wait for me to tell her where to go so I usually end up being late with her....