Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Laddies Pedigree

Discussion in 'Pedigrees' started by Laddie's Mom, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    Well, Laddies Pedigree papers finally arrived. His kennel name is: Dinda's Stage Door Laddie. Dinda is the kennel he came from, and she uses all theatrical names for her pups. I think it is kind of cute. So, I feel better now. I still call him "Susie's Sir Laddie McCanine" at home however.

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Yey - she finally came through with the papers. The breeders always to come up with crazy names as you can't have two registered dogs with the same name (it's a very different system here and in NZ to the AKC). It's great that she included the name Laddie though. Neither of mine have their call names in their registered names.

3. Emmasmom

Emmasmom Forums Sage

Apr 2, 2010
    Canada
    Nice name. I was able to pick the registered names I wanted for Noah and Emma. Liam and Natalie were already registered when I got them. I think my sister had picked Hamish's name. Noah, Emma and Hamish had their call names as part of their registered names.

4. Silaria

Silaria Forums Sage

Sep 19, 2008
    Aspinwall, PA
    Yeah! I'm glad you were finally able to get the pedigree. I like his name.

Edan & CJ both came to me with registered names since they were show prospects for their breeder. I was allowed to change Edan's registered name since (1) the breeder really didn't like it and (2) he had no titles or points attached to is name. His call name isn't in his registered name.

With CJ we kept her name because we liked it. You could say CJ's call name is in her registered name since her registered name is Calamity Jane.

5. Laddie's Mom

Laddie's Mom Forums Enthusiast

Jul 3, 2013
    N/A
    I think I will frame it. I also have joined the NZKC, so, I now feel "official" LOL.

I thought it was nice of her to add "Laddie" at the end, she said she normally does not do that, so, I really appreciate that she did.

6. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    I am late on this, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am really happy for you.

Lucky and Lil' Lady's names are both in their registered name too.