Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lawsuit Against Orijen and Acana Manufacturer

Discussion in 'Commercial Food' started by Ann, Mar 26, 2018.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
  2. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    We used to feed both these and trusted them because they were Canadian. Then back in 2016, they started producing food from a plant in Kentucky. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    one of my local stores started carrying it a while back and I bought it for a while bit it's much pricier so we gave it up. glad now......

4. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    THANK YOU for this information. This is really scary. I have a 10 month old. Up until a couple of months ago I fed her Orijen puppy food. For the price it shouldn't contain heavy metal and other toxic chemicals. I'm going to call the company and complain - not that it will do any good.

Ann likes this.
  5. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    I will say - a lawsuit being filed does not actually prove anything. It doesn't necessarily mean there is no cause for alarm - but it also could be a false alarm. Lawsuits are filed all the time. It's my understanding that these levels were still far below the minimum needed for toxicity (I'll be honest, I feed raw so don't pay all that much attention to this kind of thing). For what it's worth, I've found that most websites that start with "The Truth About" anything to be notoriously, well, false.

Piper's mom likes this.