Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Layla in Paris!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Chris, May 14, 2019.

1. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    We had the most amazing trip! We stayed in a pet-friendly AirBNB in the heart of Paris, right near a marvelous park where dogs were both welcome and prolific. Layla met many dogs in Paris -- including James the French Sheltie! We walked for miles every day, and wherever we went, Layla was greeted and fussed over.

Funniest moment: we had reservations at a very lovely restaurant called Auberge Nicholas Flamel. It was pouring, and we were pretty damp when we got there. I rolled in the soaking pet stroller, top closed, and the owner regarded us with a bit of dismay -- until I opened it and revealed a wet Layla. in a perfect American accent, he exclaimed, "Oh thank God! It's a dog! I was afraid it was a kid!" :lol:

From a bicycle tour to a jazz concert to walks along the Seine, Layla and I met children, artists (one young man invited us to his studio to see his work, which was amazing!), and Parisians of all ages. It was an unforgettable trip!
    IMG_4928.jpg fullsizeoutput_ad26.jpeg

Attached Files:

Margi, RikyR, Hanne and 5 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    That is so awesome that you got to travel with Layla! My daughter and I LOVE your pictures!!!!! What type of documents did you need to travel with her? Did she travel in the airplane cabin with you? Thank you for sharing! I really enjoyed!

Chris and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    What a life. You guys know how to make the most of it, Chris. I loved the restaurant owner's comment - how perfect. Layla is such a magnificent princess, and what a great ambassador for Shelties. :)

Chris, Sandy in CT and KarenCurtis like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Oh my! Gavin would NEVER leave bread alone if it was in his stroller with him :) At least he would until I was no longer watching them, then he would start snacking!

Chris, Sandy in CT, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  5. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    That is amazing! As you know, I share your love of Paris and am so jealous you have been able to experience it with your shelties!

Elise had her first international trip this week -- Canada-- just not quite the same! Ha!

6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    It sounds PERFECT! And what a funny incident at the restaurant! A Jazz concert in Paris! How wonderful!! Sandstorm wants to know why Colonel Underpants didn't go.

Chris, Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  7. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    LAYLA IS FRENCH!!! ADORABLE PICS!!!

Chris, Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.
  8. Tabitha

Tabitha Premium Member

Apr 5, 2013
    Lubbock, Texas
    What a fun trip! It looks like y’all had a blast!

KarenCurtis, Chris and Piper's mom like this.
  9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Oh my goodness... that picture of those three little boys with Layla is just precious!

What a great life you have!!
    Wow, Paris! Who knew?

What airline do you fly? Is Layla is the cabin with you? Does she need a therapy certificate to fly?

Inquiring minds want to know!

That baguette would not have lasted a minute with my boys! They just love it!

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  10. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Absolutely precious pictures! Layla is very lucky to have you...the adventures you've had! Priceless!

P.S. I just loved the story of the restaurant...'thank god it's a dog' :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and Chris like this.