Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Liam Graduation from Beginner Obedience Class... Highest Score!

Discussion in 'Obedience' started by ghggp, Sep 5, 2019.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    _Liam Graduation.jpg _Liam Score.jpg
    I am just over the moon happy to have finally found a great training facility where Liam can shine!

Last night was graduation...
    Not only did Liam pass, but he got the highest score in the class! A perfect score! 30 out of 30!
    I am over the moon happy to see him not cower and shut down. This class size is only 6 dogs.
    I want to especially thank Trini for her guidance in helping to build Liam's confidence.

Quote from the trainers:
    "You did an outstanding job. Between us, you and Liam did the best. I could see your dedication. He will make a great therapy dog. Very calm and relaxed. Good for children and also elderly people in a nursing home."

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Jams, RikyR, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate ny
    WTG Liam!!!!!!!!! Your Mom is super proud of you! :)

Trini

3. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Forums Enthusiast

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    WTG Liam!!! He just needs the right place so he was allowed to grow and shine and with patience, you found it! I am so excited for you both!!! Hope he got a really yummy treat!

4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Hooray for Liam!! And for you, for persevering and believing in him! What an accomplishment! He's come such a long way....you have much to be proud of. Congratulations!!! :biggrin2:

5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Fantastic news Gloria! You've done so much with Liam and it truly shows! Congratulations and I can't wait to hear how he continues to shine! WTG Liam!!!

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    WAHOOOO! Your patience and persistence in finding him the RIGHT place to learn and grow has paid off in spades!! I am so happy for you and your sweet blonde boy - it just goes to show given the right circumstances, dogs can shine! Your happiness and pride just leapt off the screen, and I couldn't be more pleased!

Congratulations to a great team!!!!

KarenCurtis, Calliesmom and ghggp like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thanks everyone...
    We have come a long way from training facilities with aggressive dogs and trainers that felt I was making excuses for my dog!
    I am just so happy for Liam. He looks so proud in that photo! You can just tell by his eyes and expression how much he actually enjoyed himself.

The two young girls that helped me to socialize Liam need to get the credit too. They worked miracles!
    _1c Liam.jpg _1b Liam.jpg _1a Liam.jpg _1d Liam.jpg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
    Jams, RikyR, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Those photos are absolutely precious Gloria! We really need a LOVE button.
    I just adore the one where Liam is giving the little girl a kiss...beautiful!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Hanne, ghggp and Calliesmom like this.
  9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Congrats- that is awesome that y'all did the best in the class:yes:

ghggp likes this.
  10. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Go Liam!! I may want to do obedience with Minnie, maybe therapy dog in her future too! Great job!!

ghggp and Calliesmom like this.