Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Life is a giant snow cone...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Dec 2, 2019 at 11:21 AM.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Willow loves the snow, loves to run in it but loves to eat it more. When we walk she constantly grabs mouthfuls of freshly fallen snow. She eats so much of it that, no matter how much she squats on the walk, the first thing she has to do when we get back is to be let out into the back garden to pee. :)

Here are a couple of shots of the princess on patrol:

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...11145172--8960434684396485296-IMG_2262-X2.jpg

https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/...11145172--4908116368820482457-IMG_2265-X2.jpg

Darren, RikyR, Piper's mom and 6 others like this.
  2. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    We cannot do walks without booties due to the stuff on the roads - you have SUCH a beautiful area for walking Willow. Jealous!!!

Yes, we began the 'eat snow, have to pee' routine last night. Brodie was SOOOO very over stimulated by the stuff falling from the sky yesterday afternoon - barked out the back door, insisted on going out what seemed like 5,000,000 times. Today we scraped off the deck which means barking like mad at the shovel which should know that it's job is to throw snow for Brodie to chase! We just got in from a rousing game of frisbee - he is not fizzed by the cold, I am not a fan. We only got a coating of icy mix out of the 8 - 12" forecast, but there is more supposedly on its way this afternoon and evening. I'd much rather have snow than ice ANY day!!!!

Darren, RikyR, Piper's mom and 4 others like this.
  3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    so good to see the princess surveying her icy kingdom:yes:

Darren, Piper's mom and GlennR like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Sage

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Nice jacket Willow!
    Piper is absolutely addicted to eating snow...2 years ago he needed a cortisone shot for a sore shoulder, ever since he can't get enough of it! Fortunately for us we have almost no snow, it's crazy...since October (just before Thanksgiving) we've gotten lots of snow but every time we've gotten a mild spell and it's all melted. You guys have tons of snow compared to us Glenn, I can see grass still lol. I like it better this way lol.

Calliesmom and Darren like this.
  5. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Great to see Willow out enjoying herself in the snow, sounds like she had fun!

Calliesmom likes this.