Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lil' Lady RIP

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by sable, Jun 10, 2018.

1. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    We have been busy tending to our Royal Highness. Her thyroid really went out of whack.
    She had a hard time breathing. Her bladder went and she had no idea where she was
    headed, going into corners getting stuck. My Royal Highness was 12 1/2 I will miss her so.

These last two days were not good, so this morning we went to the hospital. The vet said
    she was so well taken care of through the years. I was happy he noticed she led a good life.
    I have cried my eyes out and its hard to post.

Sending hugs to everyone always posting great posts to help others out with support. I deeply
    appreciate all the info through the years. So many posts helped with great info for my shelties.

sable

2. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs

sable likes this.
  3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    I'm so sorry to hear about Lil' Lady. We heard so much about her from your posts that I feel like I knew her. It's so hard to lose them...they are never with us for long enough. Wishing you peace and warm memories of your precious girl.

sable likes this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    So very sorry for your loss.

sable likes this.
  5. mimiretz

mimiretz Premium Member

Oct 14, 2014
    denver
    I add my condolences to the ones above. My heart tears a little bit every time I hear of one of our little furries leaving us. I know there are no words I can say that will help you, but perhaps you can find some condolence in the fact that you gave Lil' Lady the best possible life.

sable likes this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I am so so sorry, reading your post brings so many tears. She was such a beautiful girl, my heart goes out to you.

sable likes this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Dear St. Frances, today you welcomed Lil' Lady to the Heavenly fields. We know she ran right to you so she could tell you all about her family. They're heartbroken, and even though they know she is whole and well again, they still miss her beyond words. Please ask the Good Shepherd to hep them heal and remember the good life they gave their precious girl with joy. And please, tell Lil" Lady that to her, it will seem but the twinkling of an eye until she sees them once more.
    In His name we ask,
    Amen

ghggp, Hanne, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  8. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Thanks to everyone, Lil' Lady will be with me in spirit and in my heart just like my Lucky.
    I know you all understand how difficult this is, just wish my tears will stop. Nothing like
    when you return home having a sheltie smile and a wagging tail waiting for you. Nothing
    like being trained by a sheltie, she was my boss. She would go out and come back in, have
    a treat for being a good girl. Well I was her good girl. I go outside and come back in she had
    a treat. Lil' Lady her Royal Highness put a smile on my face everyday.
    Thanks again!!!

RikyR, Chris, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Truly so hard to lose them no matter how old they are, in fact as they get older they get more precious. Your stories of Her Highness always made me smile, and I believe she knew how much she was loved. I'm really sorry she's gone.

sable likes this.
  10. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Really sorry to read that you have lost Lil' Lady.
    - no words can take the pain in our hearts
    - but being allowed to have her for 12½ years will be a gift to think of once the sorrow becomes great memories.
    I feel with you.

sable likes this.