Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Living in a frozen wasteland

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Feb 20, 2021.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Snow is pretty to look at, not so much fun to shovel, not so much fun to walk through. We've managed to get out for our five miles each day but it is definitely more difficult to do so. There are snow banks that are higher than Willow's head everywhere including the park paths. This makes it difficult to do our move aside and sit to let people and unfriendly dogs go by. I will be happy to see the last of it even if it is pretty.

Walking through the snow.
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-c8KWzM9/0/3d1a2036/XL/IMG_3537-XL.jpg

View from the top of our hill.
    https://photos.smugmug.com/Animals/Willow/i-fjQLrZj/0/f2d4cf80/X3/IMG_3539-X3.jpg

danisgoat, Calliesmom, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Wow that is deep. I can imagine slogging through that is a lot of work. And narrow paths do make avoiding close contact with other folks really difficult. So pretty though, especially when you can be inside looking at it with a nice hot cup of tea in your hands and a warm Sheltie snuggled into your lap!

RikyR, trini, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Beautiful pictures... I totally get it! I am over it too!

trini, Sandy in CT, Ann and 1 other person like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Just think of the muscles your building as you slog through the deep snow!
    After what seemed like an eternity of bitter cold (during which we had no snow) I’m happy we finally have spring like weather here, although it probably won’t last!

Hanne, ghggp, GlennR and 4 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    We’re in the same boat here. We’re just coming out of 36 hours straight of non stop snow. I love winter but enough already. Our forecast is for more Monday!

ghggp, GlennR, RikyR and 4 others like this.
  6. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    Nice pics. We too are knee deep in snow with a 2" layer of ice underneath. Spring can't come soon enough!!!!!!!

Trini

ghggp, Sharon7, GlennR and 2 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    We've had 3 weeks of snowstorms multiple times a week with the first dropping 19". Ann is right, we had a storm Thursday that just wouldn't go away, every time we looked out it was snowing. We have snowbanks out behind our house where we shoveled our back walk that are at shoulder height for me. Last year we got about a foot of snow total. This year we are at about 45" so far.

The dogs love it! We snow blow paths around the side where their potty spot is and they are light enough to walk on top of the rest, we have to plod through. We have been unable to walk with Brodie for about 3 weeks now - too much crud on the road and unless we bought snow shoes for both us and Brodie, we can't walk at the local golf course. Brodie got lots of exercise yesterday though, he helped daddy tap maple trees around the property, even Deacon got into it. The 2 shelties LOVE being outside in the snow while Kooper prefers summers when he can stay out on our back deck and bake in the sun.

ghggp, Sharon7, Calliesmom and 3 others like this.
  8. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    63F here today, heat wave!!

9. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    I'm with Kooper:yes:

10. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    appreciate the pix- the snow is pretty.....

ghggp, RikyR, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.