Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Looks can be deceiving....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Dec 3, 2021.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    See my cute, petite, feminine looking girl? Doesn't she look sweet? HAH! She will be 2 in January and she keeps us on our toes. Her latest obsession, after chewing off all the shoelace tips she can find, and digging holes in the yard checking for gophers, is now to chew up and eat soft foam earplugs! My hubby often sleeps with them and takes them out in the morning to put on his nightstand. She's swiped those and eaten them before we knew it. OK, now he puts them away.

I have a pair I wear at the gym which plays HORRIBLE and LOUD music which I can't stand. I keep them inside a pocket of my gym bag. She actually somehow smelled them, apparently rooted around in my bag until she could get them out and consume. I found the empty little plastic bag that contains them in the hallway. :gaah :rolleyes2: Good grief. Sneaky, sneaky, since we are actually home with her while this is going on, and trust me we don't have a large home. Buying some chew toys for her for Christmas.....

IMG_E6996.JPG

trini, Darren, ghggp and 11 others like this.
  2. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
  3. Wendy C

Wendy C Forums Enthusiast

May 30, 2019
    Will trade a 2 1/2 year old who all of a sudden has lost his off switch for barking!! Maybe we need those ear plugs! LOL. She is a lovely girl....Cooper agrees. :shameful:

trini, Darren, ghggp and 7 others like this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Oh that darling little sweet innocent face! Me?? Not ME! DevilDog made me do it.... :hilarious:

Hah, I have one of those too. When she's done chewing bedding and comforters, she chews up toys and shreds rugs. Yes, while we're in the house! No shame! And who can get mad at those faces?! :no:

Santa is now hatless.....and note the chew bone right there on the floor!

Santa's Hat.jpg

trini, Darren, ghggp and 7 others like this.
  5. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    She's so pretty I think I could forgive her almost anything!

trini, Darren, ghggp and 5 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    SIGH, I think she counts on this, Margi!! :lol:

trini, Darren, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Mine chews all ties... the ones on zippers for coats, if you have ties for sweatpants, pajamas, shoes laces. Deacon chewed the ties off my chair pad.. :( He goes through the laundry when I bring it downstairs (thank heavens he hasn't clued in that he can do stairs without being on a leash!) and digs out my husbands socks and chews holes in them. He did enjoy 1 pair of hubbies undies. He waits to see if I get distracted folding laundry and jumps into my front opening dryer to pull out socks. They're sooooo devious, but soooo innocent looking!

trini, Darren, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  8. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    That dryer maneuver is impressive!
    I have socks on the closet floor that are "their"socks. Getting in the laundry basket is verboten. They pretty much know and respect the sock rule, although Fillion does prefer the just worn, sweaty kind best...

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  9. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    She certainly has turned into a beauty Sharon...pretty but sneaky, I have one of those too! Lol
    Blueberry has taken to destroying the squeaky toys...first Finnie’s squeaky chicken and now a pig, she’s also taking to trying to shred her cows ears (dehydrated) rather than chewing! My socks have always been a favourite of hers, she hasn’t chewed the socks, seems like it’s THE forbidden toy and she drops it and runs zoomies around it:ROFLMAO:!
    I don’t have to worry about her stealing them from the dryer, my laundry room is in the basement and at 1 year old I only took her down (had to carry her lol) a couple days ago. She didn’t like it! When the other dogs are down there with me she stands at the top and barks...totally carpeted...bad mojo I guess:lol: but hey I’m not complaining lol!
    These girls sure can be a handful!

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  10. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Teddy has only chewed 2 types of items, the hangers for my wife's kitchen pot holders and the elastic off Carol's home made Covid masks. Thankfully, We have found the end result each time but not happy doing it. :Mooning:

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.