Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Lost my little buddy Baron on July 6th

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by SRW, Aug 11, 2018.

1. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    I lost my little buddy Baron on July 6th of this year to a very rare and deadly form of lymphoma that attacks the liver rather than the lymph nodes (hepatocytotropic lymphoma) . He had just turned nine. He lived just eight weeks after first getting sick, even with aggressive treatment.

He is sorely missed.....

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1UDFdrYu5_KkgLXLImWaAf9Js2w9jodzJ

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
  2. Jams

Jams Premium Member

Sep 8, 2017
    Of course you miss him terribly! What a great picture of him!! He looked like he was smiling!! I'm so sorry for the loss of your Baron.

SRW likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    SWR, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of you sweet Baron. I certainly understand your pain as I recently lost one of mine a few months ago.

I is so difficult and I hope the beautiful memories over take your sadness.

Please create a Sheltie Angel memorial page for Baron. When you are on the home screen the link is on the right!

Please accept my condolences on your loss of Baron!

SRW likes this.
  4. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    What a handsome boy! So very sorry for your loss.

SRW likes this.
  5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Very sorry, how heartbreaking when it's so fast and unexpected. We've all been there and know how bereft you are feeling. I hope you have another fur friend to hug during this time.

SRW likes this.
  6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I am so terribly sorry. The loss of a beloved Sheltie is like no other. Baron was a beautiful boy -- that picture is just wonderful.

SRW likes this.
  7. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing his photo--he was clearly well loved and oh so handsome!

SRW likes this.
  8. sable

sable Premium Member

Oct 2, 2008
    Ohio
    Beautiful sheltie, I am so sorry you lost your boy.

SRW likes this.
  9. SRW

SRW Premium Member

Jul 17, 2018
    Thank you all for the kind words. I think it's going to be quite a while before I can go back and look through all the photos and videos I have of him without feeling very sad. I was expecting him to live several more years at least as he had never been sick before the cancer that killed him and he didn't seem to be aging very quickly (i.e. no arthritis, could still see and hear as well as ever, was still active, etc.). My regular vet is in his early 70s and has been practicing for 40+ years; he told me that in all that time he had never seen a case of this type of lymphoma before.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
  10. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    I am so so sorry........I am really bad with coming up with the right words at times like this, except that I totally understand. The loss is always hard.