Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

May the fur pals stay warm

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by sable, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    at least in the south, we are supposed to return to more normal temps this weekend- then rain all week.......:rolleyes2:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    So we had a crazy thunderstorm in the early hours, complete with hail..... we just NEVER get thunderstorms. Freaked me out because Brooke is scared to death of thunder, but she actually slept through it. An inch of rain in a little over 2 hours..... weather everywhere is just nuts it seems. Hope you all are making it through the arctic blast OK.

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    We got 8" of snow overnight...I HATE snow and am so tired of shovelling!
    The dogs of course had a great time, so many paths through the fresh snow this morning :ROFLMAO:! As usual the cold will follow the snow so looking at -20 C highs for at least 4 days!
    It's almost over...I keep telling myself. Apparently the groundhog didn't see his shadow so supposed to mean an early spring :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:....like I believe that!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Oh dear! Have you ever thought of moving?

Piper's mom likes this.
  5. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    As much as I'd love to go elsewhere I wouldn't. All my family is here and the cost of living on the west coast (Vancouver) is so high! Not only that but much of Canada gets cold weather in winter lol. Next year I'll hire someone to do the shovelling!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I understand that, and yes, much of Canada is cold! I couldn't move that far from family either. I love Nova Scotia- we go to Cape Breton every other year. This year we put 2,400 miles on our car. Sandstorm went with us, a true car dog! We'll have to car train the puppy!

Piper's mom likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Wow! That's a lot of miles! You've trained Sandstorm well! All of mine are good with car trips but I don't know that I'd be willing to tackle that long of a drive with both of them!
    I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job with your puppy, I'm sure Sandstorm will help;).

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I hope so! Now that I know what I know, I will train the puppy faster than I did with Sandstorm, and I didn't socialize Sandstorm enough. I will with this puppy. Puppy will have to like the car, we'll make sure of it! Lots of car rides.