Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Meadow goes to PT (mine!)

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    So, my Physical Therapy place is owned by the hubby of the dog trainer Meadow and I went to, and it is somewhat of a dog-friendly spot. When I had told my therapist about Meadow he wanted photos, then he wanted to meet her. When I went last week and he greeted me, he said "And still, no Meadow!"

So today I had my hubby drive over separately with her to meet him. I had the next to last appointment so the place was pretty empty. She met a young French Bulldog who was leaving as she came in! So long story short, my PT said he'd love it if she could stay. So hubby drove home and Meadow hung out, exploring, having fun with herself in a mirror, checking out the hallway and reception room.... she had a blast. She would come check in with me occasionally but not that often!

At one point he was starting someone else on their exercises and the aide was helping me with my stretches, and I looked up to see the PT on the floor with Meadow just rolling around. It was hilarious and very cute. Made his day for sure.

A good socialization experience for sure and my girl took it all in stride. I was very proud of her. And no potty accidents either. What a good girl!

jomuir, Calliesmom, GlennR and 6 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    That Meadow is so bold! I wonder if somehow our dogs pick up on our personalities!
    You felt safe there and she picked up on it! Felt safe with the trainer too and she read that as well. Good girl!

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    Hanne, GlennR, Darren and 3 others like this.
  3. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I bet Meadow had a blast!
    I have a lumber/hardware store a block away and ever since Piper was 2 we'd stop in there on walks and they'd get cookies. Yesterday we stopped in there and as he always does now Piper said hi to the owners and then checked out all the customers (he seems to think everyone has cookies lol). When it was time to go Piper didn't want to come with me...I told the owner he'd be quite happy to stay and be the store mascot, he's just in his glory there being the centre of attention. Finnie is always on leash there (I wouldn't trust him getting scared and running) but Piper gets the run of the store of course lol.

jomuir, ghggp, Hanne and 5 others like this.
  4. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Honestly Sharon you're giving Meadow such a wonderful life! You've managed to help her grow into such a confident happy gal who is having the time of her life. I'm actually quite jealous, would you consider adopting me? I'll come with all my vaccinations and I'm mostly house trained :winkgrin:

jomuir, Piper's mom, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  5. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    That is great that your PT let Meadow visit! What a wonderful socialization opportunity!

Darren, Piper's mom, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :yuckyuck

Darren, Piper's mom and Hanne like this.
  7. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Meadow you are really lucky that you have such thoughtful mom and dad :yes:
    - you are such a good girl - that you made your dad and mom so proud :hugs

jomuir, Darren, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  8. jomuir

jomuir Premium Member

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    Meadow gets around more than I do these days lol. She’s out there in the world stealing hearts and cookies and looking great at the same time, a multi-talented girl.