Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Meadow has arrived

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Mar 26, 2020 at 11:16 PM.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    It has been a busy day. Picked up Jake and gave him a good walk before taking him up to the breeder with us. He was good as gold for us, so glad he's known us for years so wasn't freaked out by it. I cried when we got him but the gentleman giving him up was very stoic.

Finally got up to the breeder's home and spent a good hour and a half chatting with her, her hubby and her wonderful son, who spent last night sleeping in the puppy pen to help socialize the dogs. They also made sure to put down a towel we had left with them to get the littermates' scent on it, that is in Meadow's crate now and she has already taken a nap and voluntarily gone in it to sleep. :yes:

She has a pen in the dining room where she can see into kitchen and living room, seems to work out well, the crate is inside the pen. She has gone outside and pee'd 3 times and did a poop as well. So far so good. She did follow Faith and Eli's lead just now, they pee'd so she did too. Good girl!!

She had so much fun playing in the grass - that was new for her so the first steps were very tentative but then she really got into bunny hopping around - it was so cute. She has a wonderful energy level and temperament, we are just so pleased. She loves being held, but also exploring and farting around too.

Breeder did do her ears, with tape and yarn to hold them up on her head. She thought it would last a good two weeks so I have time to get supplies and figure out how I'm going to do it.

Here's a quick photo - more to come, just kinda tired right now. Faith and Eli don't know what to think! Meadow Day 1.jpg

2. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    O my gosh, she's so gorgeous. It's going to be a lot of fun watching her explore the world.
    My girl;s ears are starting to creep up - need to read thru some threads to work out what to do - because using chewing gum with the two piggy girls around ain't going t o work.

Sharon7, Piper's mom and Sandy in CT like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Sharon - Thank you for your little story,
    I think we have all been waiting to hear about your little Meadow.

How lovely she is - welcome little Meadow :wink2:

I can not help but think of Jake - how did he take
    the homecoming to your lovely breeder ?

4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    My heart just goes out to Jake and his owner. I am sure the transition was made a bit easier with you involved. What a wonderful and dedicated breeder!

Meadow looks so inquisitive! What a darling little face and expression. When I brought Liam home he too took his lead from the other two! That certainly helps! Can’t wait to hear more and see more of little Meadow!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020 at 8:29 AM
    Hanne, Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  5. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    So cute. It's a good thing there are no litters at Willow's breeder, Shetland puppies are nearly irresistible.

6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Welcome Meadow!!!!!

So glad all is working out well with the family! She is beautiful!!!

Sharon7, Calliesmom and Piper's mom like this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Meadow is beautiful Sharon! Definitely a bright spot for you in all this insanity.

Sharon7 likes this.
  8. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    She is just darling, Sharon! Congratulations on your new family member. I bet she's going to add lots of joy to your house and herd. We look forward to watching her grow! Enjoy her!

Sharon7 and Piper's mom like this.
  9. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    What a beautiful girl!! :). Every puppy picture gives me puppy fever so closing my eye now! lol

10. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    She is precious! Looking forward to hearing all her antics :)

Piper's mom and Sharon7 like this.