Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Meeting new friends + agility....

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sandy in CT, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Busy weekend! Hubby and I went to The Big E on Friday - his first time, I have not been since I was a young kid. We walked for hours, tried out he 2019 New Food Winners that have been advertised This weekend we had the pleasure of meeting Shelties!!!! And sheltie people! Quick visit but Brodie was able to play with HIS people and he seemed to enjoy it! He has only met shelties once before and he was a young puppy so we were wondering how he would react. He acted like he was one of the gang, even tried to play! Calvin and I had fun talking, it was nice to meet new folks, nice to see other shelties too! Brodie had fun AND we bought some HUGE fresh eggs on the way home. I love fresh eggs! We met the vet back at our house when we got home and Brodie got his stitches out and lost the e-collar, thank heavens!

We set up a practice agility run for Brodie but need a dog walk - will work on this week. Here's a video of hubby running him around a practice loop - just trying to get him comfortable with commands and equipment. Video is grainy - I only have an I-Phone, should have taken it with hubby's phone, oh well.

Sunday, we all drove up to UConn and had a late breakfast with our youngest. Hubby, Brodie and I walked around campus after. Brodie just LOVED being there - he wanted to meet everyone! It was like he saw students as potential for petting and just pranced around while there. Next time, we will spend more time walking him around because he was just so happy! We had students ask us if they could pet him - they would then talk of pets at home and how much they missed them. So good for Brodie and good for students too!

Hanne, KarenCurtis, Ann and 4 others like this.
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG!!! Brodie is doing fabulously!
    What a great job on the agility video. Very impressive for being so young! Good going Brodie! Bravo!

Calliesmom, KarenCurtis and GlennR like this.
  3. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Thanks for pic and your little story, I love these Sheltie experiences.

Yes, it's funny that they know their own breed
    we very rarely meet anyone, but even at a long distance,
    Minnie has no doubt it's a Sheltie and pulls me off to meet it.

Minnie says: Brodie - what a handsome guy you've become :wink2:

Calliesmom and ghggp like this.