Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

MIA member w/an angel

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by jomuir, Jan 19, 2019.

1. jomuir

jomuir Forums Enthusiast

May 10, 2011
    detroit
    hi everyone I’ve been away awhile now, mostly follow on facebook. Our baby Forrest passed in late Dec. 2018 of lymphoma. He was around 11 and we were lucky to love him for almost 10 years. He was ill for 4-5 months after diagnosis. We miss him dearly but he isn’t in pain now which is good. These forums helped me so much when we got our first Sheltie! We now have 1 sheltie, 1 rough collie and a mini doxie ( not sure what I thinking there but we love her too).

I hope he was met at the rainbow bridge by shelties from this group! To show him the best places to run play and bark.

RikyR, ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I'm sorry to hear that you lost Forrest. I'm going through a cancer diagnosis with Brooke right now. We never have them long enough.

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    So sorry to hear about Forrest's loss. Sending you hugs.

4. Shelby's mom

Shelby's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jan 4, 2012
    pennsylvania
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. I’m sure my Hollie was there showing him the best places to bark.

ghggp likes this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Yes, Forest is enjoying his new life with no pain or discomfort! All out Shelties welcomed him and have fun running and playing together!

At least you still have a furry family to help you through your loss! Quite the pack you have!

Piper's mom likes this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I'm so sorry, it is just heart-breaking. It's good that you got a little time to say goodbye. Deska will be there too with Forest.

Although I think the entrance to rainbow bridge is getting quite full with all our faithful Shelties sitting there patiently waiting for us.

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    We learned that Annie Laurie is a Guardian. If you ever lose a puppy, she's there to help them find their way. Love and sympathy on Forest's passing.