Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Middle names?

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Sharon7, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Sharon7

Sharon7 Forums Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Well we had the fun topic of our dog's nicknames, but how about middle names? The vet hospital I used to work at gave all the female employees the "Mae" middle name as a joke, and it translated over to all my girl pets, dogs and cats. So we've had Katie Mae (kitty) Skye Mae, Asta Mae, Ally Mae, Brooke (Brookie) Mae and Faith Mae.

Which left us stumped when we got Elijah. My husband said he had to have a middle name also, so after tossing around a lot of options, we settled on "Ray" since it rhymes with "Mae". :lol:

Anyone else give out middle names for their furkids?

2. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    One day when I was mad at Fil, I yelled out "Fillion J. Mansker, get your butt in here!" I have no clue where that came from or what the J was supposed to stand for LOL. It just sounded right at the time I guess :) So he has a middle name, I just don't know what it is ;)

Sharon7 likes this.
  3. Cara Sandler

Cara Sandler Forums Enthusiast

Jul 11, 2015
    Florida
    Of course! My girls are Spirit Joy and Skylar Faith :) The terrier I had before them was Sparky Love.

Sharon7 and Margi like this.
  4. corbinam

corbinam Moderator

Oct 14, 2008
    Ohio
    Surprisingly, no!

They have too many nicknames with many words so I guess a middle name was too much :lol:

Sharon7 likes this.
  5. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    :yuckyuck:lol::yes:

6. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Layla Sable
    Beckon Feather
    Bitsy Boodle
    Penelope Rose
    and the late Annie Laurie

Middle names are da bomb!!

Sharon7, Margi and Cara Sandler like this.
  7. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    I always think having a proper middle name is a very US thing. And maybe from TV it reminds me of the Southern US states and they rhyme or are sort of poetic.

I jokingly say Deska Pavlov, because he's such a drooly dog, but it's not a proper middle name.

Sharon7, Margi and Chris like this.
  8. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    My girls are always Belle. Clara Belle, Anna Belle, And Tara Belle. The boys change around depending on my mood and their actions. :ROFLMAO:

Sharon7 likes this.