Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie, agility star!

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Jun 30, 2020.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Well, I guess practice pays off!! Minnie and I practice every day, I've got three jumps, six weave polls, and just set up her 15 ft tunnel today, which she loves! That's all the equipment I can fit in my small yard. Every Tuesday we go to the agility instructors house, we have become friends also. Her yard is an agility course, always changing. She's got everything. This was the course we executed perfectly; started at the tire, then three jumps spaced pretty far apart in a half circle shape, a front cross to the fourth jump to the left, four more jumps to the tunnel at the other end of the yard (it's big) out of the tunnel up the A frame in a straight line to the final jump. Brag!!!!!!! I'm working on distance with the jumps, so I don't have to run so much. Old ladies can do this too.

2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Outstanding, Minnie!
    What a brave girl and bold too! You sure did a great job building her confidence! How fun! Videos please?

Darren, Piper's mom, Sharon7 and 2 others like this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks! I know! Videos are my weakness, I always forget!

4. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    Wonderful!! Good job Minnie. I second the request for videos. There is almost nothing better than watching a Sheltie do agility

5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Bravo, Karen and Minnie! Old ladies, pffft. If I can still run around a show ring, you can do agility! :yes:

Darren, Piper's mom, Hanne and 4 others like this.
  6. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Gosh, I can't believe Minnie is old enough for agility already. Where did that time go.

Lol - yes the distance thing, let me know how that goes. Kismet will basically have to run the whole course herself when we start! I know there's that 80-something lady who runs her Sheltie (someone posted it here once). But that isn't my old unfit body!

7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    WTG Minnie!!!!

Only as old as you feel, right? LOL - agility makes you feel 90 with 5 left feet.... Goodness, hard to keep up with these pups! So wish we could see Minnie, but I can picture you guys in my head! Will you compete with her when you can? Bet she'd LOVE it!

Darren, Piper's mom, Hanne and 2 others like this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes! I keep thinking about that 94 yr old woman who does it. My instructors parents do it, and they know a woman who does agility using her walker to get around!

9. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Maybe, but we've got a long way to go. It's just fun, and rewarding also. It is addicting.

10. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Practice!

Darren and Piper's mom like this.