Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie already has a potential play date!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, May 8, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    A while back I posted that I saw a beautiful blue Merle at the grocery store- in fact we flagged down his owner, we saw the dog in his truck. The guy stopped and we talked, he gave me his wife's phone number, who I never called but I will now. This dog, Kite, is an agility champion who is now retired at 12. The wife's name is Boots. I saw this guy again today at our local pet and feed store, and met Kite again. They got a new puppy! The guy said Boots got her from New Hampshire but didn't remember the breeders name, but it couldn't be the same one as Minnie's, their pup is 4 months old. Anyways, I'm going to call her as they like to meet other sheltie owners and they are planning on agility with this puppy, they have some equipment in their yard. This guy is 78 years young and his wife is 80!! I wish I could retire now!! :gaah

Chris, Hanne, Ann and 3 others like this.
  2. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    me too:yes:
    we can both retire early:winkgrin:

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    How fun!!!
    I wish I could track down sheltie owners in my neighborhood! The closest I got is an elderly couple down the street with a collie. Poor boy was 14 and passed away last week.
    It will be fun to get together... wow, agility at their age!!! They must be in great shape! Puts me to shame!!!

Now you know... we will be expecting pictures!!!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I made friends with another Sheltie owner and had a few playdates years ago when I ran into her and her dog at the local dog-friendly nursery. Around here Shelties are so rare, if you see one, most folks are happy to meet up. Really happy you made contact with a potential play mate for Minnie, close to her age!!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Started planning but Spitfire says I have to keep working a little longer.....I think he is plotting something

Hanne, KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Same here! It is rare we get to meet other sheltie lovers who have Shelties!

7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Minnie will make a million friends. Layla met a Sheltie in Paris!! Here is James: fullsizeoutput_ae25.jpeg

KarenCurtis and Sharon7 like this.