Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie and Sandstorm

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Jun 23, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
  2. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a good Minnie!
    Great job on those ears!!!!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Ears are easy, thanks. It's the house training and waking up at 4:30 that's hard! Although this a.m. we let her whine when she did wake up at 4:30, she eventually stopped. House training at night is harder, but we love her, she's so cute and smart! She knows sit, stay, no, come when called. We will also practice down, we did this at puppy class yesterday. The instructor thinks she has really improved in the two weeks we have been attending.

Sandy in CT likes this.
  4. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Don't let her kid you, Karen. Puppies her age can go all night. It's really hard to ignore that middle-of-the-night whining, but you have to do as you did and ignore it or she'll wrap you around her cute little paw and do it forever.

Of course if it happens once and it's out of the ordinary after she's been going through the night, then you may need to pay attention and take her out, just in case she's having some digestive issue and really does need to go. But only once!

KarenCurtis and Sandy in CT like this.
  5. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cooper now 16 weeks has gone from approx. 10:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. in his crate without a peep from when we got him just over 8 weeks old. I had read all kinds of puppy training info and was prepared to be up every 3 or 4 or hours, but as in all things I guess it depends on the pup? Beautiful dogs! :)

KarenCurtis likes this.
  6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Looks like a happy family to me! Nice that they are getting along, ears look great!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    She is so cute! And ears looks GREAT! Sandstorm has such beautiful coloring. I love her trying to engage big brother!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Yes, we were wrapped around her cute paws! The instructor at puppy class told us just what you said, and we will do what we did this a.m. from now on, I suspect the whining will stop soon.

9. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I fling the gluing really easy, the glue removal is more time consuming.

10. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks!