Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie at the vet again! She's okay

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by KarenCurtis, Feb 25, 2021.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Minnie was limping, and this a.m. it was worse. It's her toes, right front leg. I have no idea what she could have done! The vet took xrays, We will get the results tommorow. She was sent home with pain meds and the vet doesn't think it's a toe fracture, good. She could have done anything to injure it, but the limping didn't start right after she injured her toes. ? Is this weird?

Hanne, JacqueZ and Sharon7 like this.
  2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Poor Minnie! I hope it's nothing. If your yard is as icy as mine is, they're all slip-sliding around and into things. The pain med should help but I'd try to keep her quiet so she doesn't make it worse when it feels better. Give her a pat for me! :love:

Hanne, Darren, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  3. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    If it's as slippery where you are as it is here, she could have sprained a muscle or stretched a tendon easily.

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  4. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    So true...we are glaze ice here and even with constant sanding it is a worry every time the dogs are outside. Hope the X-ray results don't show anything serious and the pain meds help little Minnie feel better in the meantime.

Trini

Darren, Sandy in CT, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  5. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks all, Minnie will let you know when she decides to be a brat again, right now she's feeling a bit down

Hanne, Darren, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  6. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    I remember thinking Fillion had toe injury. He would limp and pick up his foot. Xrays showed no toe/foot problems. It was his shoulder...took a long time for me to figure it out!

7. danisgoat

danisgoat Moderator

Jul 23, 2009
    NJ
    Poor Minnie! Hopefully it isn’t anything too serious.

8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Awww poor Minnie! Hopefully it isn't anything serious! Like Margi's Fil Piper hurt his shoulder as well and a year later he was limping (turned out it was a muscle pull in his back leg) but I just remember how down he was too. Give her a pat from my crew and maybe an extra treat (low cal of course) to pick her up.

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Poor little girl. It's so sad when our dogs are hurting. Hopefully it's nothing serious and she'll be back to running around again soon. Keep us posted!

10. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Hopefully the X-ray results today will give you a solid answer. But if not, you might want to have her checked for Lyme. Two weeks after we got Laddie he suddenly started limping on his left front leg. I figured he has twisted it while doing zoomies and put him on a few days of limited activity and the limp went away. Ten days later he started limping again, much worse, and this time would hardly use that leg and was too subdued for a 5 month old puppy. I took him into our vet immediately...nothing wrong with the leg but he had a fever of over 104 and bloodwork came back positive for Lyme. We were last December and well past tick season here with temps below freezing, so obviously he had come to us already infected and it just took time for symptoms to show up.
    Trini

Hanne, KarenCurtis, Sharon7 and 6 others like this.