Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie is at the Vets getting spayed today!!

Discussion in 'General Health' started by KarenCurtis, Feb 19, 2020.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Hi all
    I dropped Minnie off at the Vets at 8:00 a.m.! Yes, I'm nervous. MinnIe seemed fine, Sandstorm didn't know what to think when I came back to the car without Minnie, sometimes I wish they could talk. It's going to be a long day, I'm going to call around noon, there are three procedures today and I'm not sure where Minnie is on the list. The Vet gave me the option of I.V. fluids and I.V. catheter, which of course I wanted. I also had the option of post surgical laser therapy, which heals the incision faster, so Minnie is getting that too, and is being micro chipped. The price for all this was reasonable, and worth it!! Have any of your pups had the laser therapy when getting neutered?

Ann, Darren, Wendy C and 2 others like this.
  2. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Fingers crossed that all goes well but I'm sure it will. I worried terribly with both of mine (I waited and watched the surgery so my guys were always almost top of the list to be done). I've never heard of the laser therapy but anything that helps heal them faster must be good.
    Let us know when she's out of surgery, does she go home tonight? It's going to be a long day for you I imagine.

Darren, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  3. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I feel for you, Karen! Nothing worse than dropping them off at the vet and leaving them... you feel like a traitor! You love them, take care of them, and gain their trust and then BAM! Deserting them when they have no idea what is going to happen to them. Keep us updated on all your post-op therapy. I have not tried Laser Therapy on an incision. I did try it for Mr. Chance's bone spurs.

Liam is going in on Monday and I just dread it!!!

Darren and KarenCurtis like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Gavin has alwas been so food motivated he LOVED the vets. lot of yummy treats! He always sat so sweetly at the front desk becuase he KNEW that all vets have treats there (he has been to several).
    Now at pet food stores he knows the treats are at the front counter...and at the UPS store they are behind the counter (yes, he heads right behind the counter and sits). I am such a lucky sheltie Mom for treats!

5. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    Minnie is getting top drawer treatment. She'll be absolutely fine, Karen!

6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    THE VET TECH JUST CALLED!!! MINNIE IS ALL DONE, RECOVERING WELL!! I pick her up at 3!

Chris, Ann, RikyR and 5 others like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    EXCELLENT NEWS!!! What a relief to pick her up so soon...

KarenCurtis, Piper's mom and Darren like this.
  8. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Cooper was supposed to go in last week, but his Vet was ill and now goes in next week! He doesn’t get the post surgical laser therapy, they would micro chip but he was done by the breeder. I’m so happy that Minnie is ok Karen we put so much faith in our Vets! Feel better soon Minnie LOL (Lots Of Licks) from Cooper!! :)

KarenCurtis, Darren and ghggp like this.
  9. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Wow...3PM. so soon. someone is gonna be getting some extra love and pets today!

Piper's mom, KarenCurtis and Darren like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Glad to see it has gone well Karen. I bet Minnie will be getting a years supply of cuddles this evening :)

KarenCurtis likes this.