Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie knows her Name!!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, May 6, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    The breeder emailed me last night to tell me she knows her name! Minnie!! Minnie! Minnie!

2. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    You must be counting the minutes to Minnie! I remember waiting months for Flurry to get here from Canada and how endless it seemed. Getting closer on the Minnie Countdown though! :biggrin2:

ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I am counting down the minutes, but in a way I'm sad. I'm so excited to get
    Minnie, but it has always been Sandstorm and I, for 9 years. That will change and I'm hoping Minnie will be good for him. If Sandstorm stays top dog, it will be

Hanne, Sharon7 and ghggp like this.
  4. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    I understand that the dynamics will change and your concern...
    When Liam came into the picture, Baron wanted nothing to do with him...
    Now he and Liam are playing together... took 7 months!

You never know... Beau and Liam had an instant connection...

KarenCurtis likes this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    Once Sandstorm accepts Minnie which, as Gloria said, may not happen immediately, you will be amazed at how Minnie shaves years off of Sandstorm! It's happened with every single one of my dogs every time we add a puppy. It's like a little furry fountain of youth! The best thing ever for older dogs.

Sharon7, KarenCurtis and ghggp like this.
  6. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    That would be so nice to witness!!! Thanks!

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    Totally agree with Ann. Some folks thought we were crazy to get 10 week old Asta with Skye being 13. But my vet said, "You watch, it will make her younger!" and he was so right. They got along right away. But we made effort to keep special one-on-one time with Skye, too. We dithered for YEARS about getting a second Sheltie because was so perfect and we didn't want to mess it up. Turned out great.

So happy Minnie already knows her name. She sounds like a little dynamo, and we will be expecting daily Minnie updates when you get her home with you!!

KarenCurtis likes this.
  8. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I am hoping for Sandstorm and Minnie to eventually have a nice relationship! It will be fun to watch

9. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    I always wished I could get Gavin a puppy. Cause that is what it would be. Gavin's puppy. Since Gavin is not an attention driven dog, I don't think jealousy would be an issue.
    But there is no way I could handle a puppy and Gavin's limited mobility now.

So how can we turn Minnie into Sandstorm's puppy?

KarenCurtis likes this.
  10. KarenCurtis

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Sandstorm is somewhat independent- very loyal, but when we are home he hangs out in other rooms a lot