Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Minnie now tells us when she has to pee/poop, I'm the one failing at it!

Discussion in 'Puppies 101' started by KarenCurtis, Jun 17, 2019.

1. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Ugh! TWICE today Minnie ran down the hall, yelped, scratched at the door, but I was too late because I was busy. Yes, I'm tired, no excuses. Poor Minnie! She's catching on and I thought she could wait another minute because I was busy. Work ends on Friday and it will be easier but she's now TELLING us and we need to listen- I'm just venting. It's hard working full time and raising a puppy, and if I wasn't working she would be completely housetrained by now, I'm convinced! Okay rant over. She's so fun and so adorable and we love her and I am pretty sure she loves us- I race home from work and take the dogs on a variety of excursions so Minnie can experience road walks and trail walks, visits to stores. Puppy class and this Wednesday we have a play date with another sheltie owner near by. I'm tired! :gaah:lol:

Piper's mom, Ann, Calliesmom and 4 others like this.
  2. Wendy C

Wendy C Premium Member

May 30, 2019
    Paris, Ontario CANADA
    Way to go Minnie!! Cooper is on Day 17 no accidents in the house. Some of it is a well trained Mom & Dad, but other times he runs to the door comes back and stares at you. He still thinks the bells on the door are a toy and something to bark at....maybe someday!!! I can’t even imagine potty training and working, the fact that she has caught on says you are doing a great job!!

Calliesmom, ghggp and KarenCurtis like this.
  3. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Wow, what a good girl.

I had a shocking time house training Mr D when I was working. He was pooping indoors until he was about 6mths, actually I think it was Tully who toilet trained him. Thankfully Tully came toilet trained (and I installed a dog door)

4. Hanne

Hanne Premium Member

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Karen - she is a Minnie :ROFLMAO:

KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    What a good and smart little Minnie! Now, if we could just train mom!

Just kidding! Don’t beat yourself up! I am sure Liam was potty trained in 4 months because I work from home!

You guys are doing wonderfully!
    Enjoy that little spitfire Minnie!

KarenCurtis and Calliesmom like this.
  6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Thanks, I'm so obsessed with Minnie not peeing in the house that I am peeing all the time myself!
    :gaah

7. Sharon7

Sharon7 Premium Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :yuckyuck

Calliesmom and KarenCurtis like this.
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    those were the times that I had problems.....
    would be with friends and say- I have to use the bathroom, watch the puppy...... inevitably no one watched the puppy and the puppy would pee wherever we were.....:gaah:rolleyes2:

Piper's mom likes this.
  9. MissyGallant

MissyGallant Forums Enthusiast

Dec 20, 2011
    Sheridan, Indiana
    Cassie had no accidents last week. She has made up for it this week. Of course, it might not have been her. It's been raining all week, so we've had to almost (and at times actually) throw Clarabelle outside to get her out of the house.

Sharon7 likes this.