Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing Monty

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, May 28, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Well today I nearly had a heart attack thanks to Monty, he will end up putting me in hospital one day :lol:.
    I've been in the garden clearing a few things up, go to go in the house...no sign of Monty.
    Start shouting in the garden.....no sign of Monty.
    Go inside start shouting of Monty.....no sign of Monty.
    Run upstairs and start shouting....no sign of Monty.
    Run back outside shouting...no sign of Monty.

My neighbor asks what's going on and then goes out looking in case he escaped. I start running around the house looking for Mr B because Monty is never far...no sign of both.... I then notice my storage cupboard slightly open so I look in........there's Monty and Mr B. He had found a broken chair in the cupboard and decided to relax there for a while. He must have not come to me on purpose the little %$%$!! I found my neighbor so the search is called off :lol:.

Monty138.jpg

KarenCurtis, jomuir, Hanne and 8 others like this.
  2. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Monty doesn't look concerned at all. :)

3. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    Monty and Mr B needed privacy to contact the green army:winkgrin:

KarenCurtis, jomuir, Hanne and 7 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    So sorry he scared you Darren...I would've been scared too!
    Little brat:lol:, he does have a mind of his own! Perhaps a GPS tracker? They do sell them for dogs, at, at least you'd know where he is lol.

5. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I have had the same, only it turned out Eli was in the garage, having followed me out there without my seeing. I was frantic, so I can well appreciate your panic. If you ever lose him again (!!!) and think he's hiding in the house, see if he will come out for a word associated with a treat, instead of his name. I use the word "cookie" and you can bet that gets their attention wherever they are.

Monty is a little stinker! :lol: Hope your heart rate is back to normal, Darren!

6. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    :yuckyuck :pop

7. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Spitfire did that before he had his name. He jumped in my covered trailer and the door blew shut. I was calling and panicked. Bark no not on bit. He would whine when I called (not when I stopped) I finally found him and his look was 'about time'

EDIT:
    Angus says 'SWEET FORT Mr Monty'

Last edited: May 28, 2020
  8. Calliesmom

Calliesmom Moderator

Mar 29, 2008
    near Mobile, AL
    it is crazy how that's the only time that the shelties are quiet- when they are somewhere they aren't supposed to be and you have no idea that's where they are.
    Sharon- excellent idea to try the cookie word:yes:

9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    That's happened to me too, so I feel your pain. Total panic for sure. When it's happened here, they've been trapped inadvertently in a room or place they can't get out of. Still, as everyone says, not a single peep, bark or whimper until I find them. It definitely ages you about 10 years! Glad the crisis is averted and the little stinker and his green sidekick have been located! One word for you, Darren: WINE! :yes:

10. Caro

Caro Moderator

Jan 14, 2009
    Canberra, Australia
    Oh my gosh he looks so cute though.

When I think of the number of times I've locked mine in a room for hours! And they never make a sound to let me know where they are. Someone suggested recently that when you've lost them and you're calling yell out treats and crinkle a packet of something. Haven't tried it yet but might be a good idea.