Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing Monty

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, May 28, 2020.

1. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    OMG! When will it END???? That is stinker will do anything to keep you on your toes!
    Go figure, they always are silent when you are panicked...
    Good idea to say cookie! I will try that next time I find myself in a similar circumstance...
    Then again, I hope I never do!

"Monty and Mr B needed privacy to contact the green army:winkgrin:"

YES!!!:yuckyuck

2. Elei

Elei Forums Enthusiast

Jul 10, 2019
    Glad you found him!!

Yep, this happened with my first Sheltie (also a CHW like Monty). She disappeared and I was panicking! I actually ran to the beach park (about 5 minutes away from where I lived then) to look for her, searched everywhere, asked everyone if they'd seen her. Then came home and found her in the garage, cheerfully waiting for me!

jomuir, Hanne, Piper's mom and 3 others like this.
  3. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO::yuckyuck:ROFLMAO:

It's actually quite funny that so many of you have had a similar fright :lol:, I wonder if that is a 'Sheltie thing'. I honestly just can't take my eyes off him for a minute or he'll get up to something lol, at least the panic is over! Really good ideas to shout his favorite food or rustle a bag, I will use that next time since shouting his name was an epic fail :lol:

4. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Welcome to the "Running around frantically, yelling, heart in throat" club! It is strange how the noisiest dogs in the world rig for silent running when they know we are looking for them!! Last time I lost Fil I called out "Where's the baby?" instead of shrieking his name. He always reacts to "Wheres the baby?" This time he was stuck in the garage but he barked! The other times he stayed out there quiet as a church mouse.

Interesting you call what Monty was holed up with Mr. Broccoli in a "cupboard". This is like benches--that's a closet to me.

Regardless, I am pretty sure he and Mr. Broccoli were in there trying to foil the arrival of the Green Army. Did you check your cupboard for a short wave radio or some other long distance communication device?? You could have finally found his hidden headquarters!

Piper's mom, jomuir, Darren and 7 others like this.
  5. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Now Darren, it is so obvious and apparent that you were making SO much fuss and noise, that YOU drove poor little, innocent Monty into that closet!!! And he grabbed Mr. B to bring along so he wouldn't be traumatized by the whole ordeal. Sometimes you just gotta shake your head that these distinctions are lost....

Glad you found him - he's just SUCH a cutie / little stinker!

6. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
  7. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    :yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck:yuckyuck

8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
  9. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Piper's mom, Calliesmom and Darren like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Forums Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO: I didn't think of that, I may have found Montys version of the Batcave :eek2:

:ROFLMAO:I've had a sit down and given myself a stern talking too Sandy. Thank you for pointing it out, I should hve known it wouldn't be Monty, he never does anything he shouldn't :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO::yuckyuck:ROFLMAO: What a find Glenn, that made me laugh. I could just see me walking around with that on and a dog carrying a broccoli :lol::lol:

Piper's mom, Ann, Margi and 2 others like this.