Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

missing my 2 sheltie angels

Discussion in 'Sheltie Angels' started by dogcatmom02, Apr 26, 2016.

1. dogcatmom02

dogcatmom02 Forums Regular

Apr 6, 2014
    york,pa
    This has been a hard month. Today is 2 years since we lost Junior and on April 10th it was 1year for losing Quigley. I miss them both so much. I miss the funny things that they both did. I have been having a hard time today. Crying my eyes out while writing this. :(

2. Hannah

Hannah Forums Enthusiast

Mar 19, 2014
    NSW, Australia
    I'm so sorry. Thinking of you at this difficult anniversary. Hugs :hugs

3. jdo1217

jdo1217 Forums Regular

Aug 31, 2015
    Avondale, AZ
    Anniversaries are especially tough. Sending you warm thoughts.

4. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Totally understand your grief, I also got tears in my eyes when I read your post - our babies will always be in our hearts.
    If we can not mourn and at the same time think of all the good times they have given us - so we deserved not to have had these lovable souls. :hugs

5. RikyR

RikyR Premium Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Baton Rouge LA
    I feel your pain. I still miss Cody so very much. Some days when I think about him I laugh, and others I have to fight back the tears. I am sure it will be that way forever.

6. Daisy1015

Daisy1015 Forums Enthusiast

May 2, 2014
  7. tesslynn

tesslynn Forums Enthusiast

Mar 3, 2014
    idaho
    Quigley-What a great name :joyful: It is definitely hard when our furbaby departs. I was thinking about what it would be like to have my departed angels playing with my present angels and how they would be all together. My 1st sheltie was the best dog ever, she was a deep soulmate/companion. I never knew you could bond so intensely with a dog. She taught me so much.

I know you can't replace what you have lost. But could you possibly open a space to allow another sheltie into your life. I firmly state that life isn't as great when there isn't a sheltie in your home. They just add SO much. It isn't the same, but there are new antics, new tricks, new joys to experience. None of mine have been equal, but the differences are worth it.

January 2014 my 2nd sheltie earned her wings. I didn't think I could get another so soon. But Kaleigh was born on Valentines Day and the breeder called to come see her. She was a fighter, her brother didn't make it. From the moment I held her I knew I could have another sheltie. She was MINE. My little valentine that is all heart. I am so glad I have her.

Life goes on, memories are necessary, they mark our journey. I hope you can welcome a new sheltie addition soon. It doesn't replace the memories, it just adds new ones.

8. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    It hurts so much to lose those furry little angels, doesn't it? Ifyou don't have a Sheltie now, perhaps it's time to visit a breeder and start thinking about a new little love.

9. Hanne

Hanne Forums Enthusiast

Nov 13, 2014
    Danmark
    Oh, tesslynn what a great post - where you are right. :hugs

10. Mignarda

Mignarda Forums Enthusiast

Jan 17, 2013
    Dover, Delaware
    Death is such a constant in life that it's hard to see how the human race could ever carry on for grief over departed loved ones. But going to pieces over them is not, in my opinion, a proper means of demonstrating the love we had for them. Don't deny your grief and sense of bereavement, but don't let those things affect your life and the course it takes.