1. Guest - Please ensure that you have read the Missing Sheltie Rules before starting a thread.
Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing Shetie - Suburban Chicago IL - NW

Discussion in 'Missing Shelties' started by Roberta, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    Our neighborhood in NW suburban Chicago (Palatine - Arlington Heights IL) has a local newgroup. This Missing Sheltie notice was posted a couple of days ago. As of this morning the dog had not yet been found. Weather here has been bad - lots of snow last night and now the temps are supposed to dip to record below zero lows.

His name is Mac. He is a neutered male about 1 1/2 years old. He is very shy and will run if you chase him (will not approach strangers). It don't believe he is chipped. He slipped his collar so does not have his tags. I understand the owners have contacted all the local vets, shelters, searched, posted signs, etc. Reading their postings just breaks your heart.

He went missing 1/23/2019 near Palatine Road and Route 53. If you see him please call 847-917-9566. Below is a link to the posting on the Lost Dog Illinois website:

http://www.helpinglostpets.com/petdetail/?id=2626142

Attached Files:

• mac.jpg
      mac.jpg
      File size:
      21.6 KB
      Views:
  2. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    FOUND!!!! They found Mac, this missing Sheltie. I just got the notice. He looks fine and is on his way to the Vet to get checked out. They found him (outside, I assume) near a local restaurant and have no idea where he has been. This is really a miracle because the weather has been just terrible with below zero temps and lots of snow. Tonight in the Chicago area we are expecting actual 26 below zero temps with 50 - 60 below wind chills - so Thanks God they found him!!! Although I never met this dog or his owners, I cannot tell you how happy I am.

Ann, corbinam, Jams and 3 others like this.
  3. Roberta

Roberta Premium Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Chicago area
    Here is his picture when they found Mac

Attached Files:

Sandy in CT and Hanne like this.
  4. Cindy

Cindy Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    San Francisco Bay Area, CA
    Lucky Boy! its brutal out there!

ghggp likes this.
  5. Chris

Chris Forums Celebrity

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    I hope to heavens they get him microchipped and put a tracking collar on him!

ghggp likes this.
  6. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Forums Enthusiast

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    Just wondering if people ever look in Canada for their missing Shelties? I've been seeing a few posts lately from Southern Ontario Sheltie/Collie rescue with dogs they are rehoming. I'm sure a lot of rescues are good but I've heard stories of others who don't check microchip or breeders before rehoming.

Hanne and Calliesmom like this.
  7. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Thank goodness for a happy ending... Yes, I hope they don't let this happen again and get him chipped!