Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Missing the little princess...

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by GlennR, Jul 30, 2020.

1. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    I'm working on some improvements at the cottage this weekend so I won't be able to keep an eye on the little one and consequently, she's home with my son looking after her. It's only been a few hours but I feel her absence pretty keenly. I'm used to her being with me wherever I go in the house, or out of the house too for that matter. When I settle down she's either beside me or on me. And, importantly, you don't look nearly as crazy to people if you're talking to your dog as opposed to talking to yourself. :)

Darren, DianeP, Calliesmom and 9 others like this.
  2. TheDailyPainter

TheDailyPainter Forums Enthusiast

Sep 19, 2019
    I know that feeling. Thankfully I am not having it now. River is next to me sleeping on the couch.

Darren, Sharon7, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Forums Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    yeah I have rolled over Koko's feathers three times in the past hour as he insists on laying next to my computer chair...
    Glenn if someone looks at you weird you can just look behind you and say Where did my dog go?? LOL

Darren, Calliesmom, Sharon7 and 4 others like this.
  4. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    I can understand that feeling Glenn! My guys are always around me, especially Finnie! My sister has a trailer that's parked year round at a private campground about 40 minutes from Winnipeg and every couple weeks I go out for dinner but I leave the dogs at home (deer ticks are bad and I don't use tick medication with my boys). I'm always missing them but I always get a very warm welcome when I get home!

Darren, Sharon7, GlennR and 2 others like this.
  5. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    Sheltie withdraws are the worst! Hopefully, you will be reunited soon! :hugs

6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Cant imagine being without your precious buddy! Have fun at your cabin and I'm sure your son is having a good time with private time with Willow. I haven't been away from Brodie, Kooper and Rusty in many, many, many months. I am sure I would be walking around like I had mis-matched socks on or left home in my slippers - that constant feeling that something is missing/not right...

Darren, Piper's mom, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  7. Chris

Chris Premium Member

Feb 25, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    At this point in Layla' life, I want to be with her every minute.

Darren, Piper's mom, ghggp and 4 others like this.
  8. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    It really is a weird feeling to be without them I know. My hubby used to take the dogs camping in our local mountains just overnight sometimes and man did our house feel EMPTY! Very strange feeling. LOL about talking to yourself....

9. Elei

Elei Premium Member

Jul 10, 2019
    I hope you’re reunited with your princess soon!! I know it’s silly, but I’ve been missing Kip lately, just because he has to be crated so much, and normally he follows me everywhere. I will look down expecting to see him, then be surprised and disappointed that he’s not there

Darren, Piper's mom, ghggp and 3 others like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    I know how you feel Glenn, it sucked when I was without Monty the other week. Just think of the massive hello you will get when Willow gets to see you again :yes:

Sharon7, Margi, Piper's mom and 2 others like this.