Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Misty Pulls a Monty

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Ann, Oct 12, 2021 at 6:21 PM.

1. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    In a bid for Worst Dog Mom of the Year, I was sitting here merrily typing away on my computer this afternoon when I looked up to see some shredded paper on the kitchen floor. Hmmm, I thought. The Kleenex Bandit strikes again? A few minutes later I finally got up to investigate, and found the paper was the remains of a lovely filet of swordfish I had thawing on the kitchen table! Underneath the table was Misty, happily licking what was left of the paper. Arrgghh, raw swordfish!! A whole piece!! (Not to mention our dinner...)

I called the emergency clinic since my vet was closed by then, who said to just fast her and watch for runs or vomiting overnight and call them back if it happens. Misty, meanwhile, cannot understand why everyone else got dinner bowls and she didn't get a second course. So far there are no ill effects and she is very pleased with herself. And we are hungry. Monty would be very proud!

The face of happy, unrepentant, and not hungry!

Happy Girl!.jpg

Attached Files:

mimiretz, Darren, Wendy C and 8 others like this.
  2. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Misty...you are NOT supposed to try to take away the Most Naughty Dog trophy away from Monty!!!!!!!! Misty must have heard that sushi is supposed to be yummy...although I must admit I have never thought of raw fish as appealing. Hopefully you won't be cleaning up from the runs or vomiting all night. You can see her "OK so where is my dinner bowl?" expression in that picture...silly girl...but she sure is pretty!
    Trini

Darren, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 3 others like this.
  3. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    Misty likes sushi!
    I used to feed the dogs raw fish one night a week, then Koko decided he didnt like fish anymore. So long as it wasn't Pacific salmon you got no worries!
    Odds are she won't have too many if any side effects from the fish. Sorry about your dinner :)

Darren, Ann, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  4. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Misty does look happy, but how could she not, she is beautiful. As far as dinner is concerned, guess this is another reason there is McDonald's down the street? :)

Darren, Ann, Sandy in CT and 2 others like this.
  5. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Misty....raw fish is yucky! Next time ask mom to cook it for you!:ROFLMAO:
    Ann...I’ve heard that a good place to leave food to defrost is inside the microwave lol. My sister had a cat that was diabetic and she often found meat on the floor until she kept it in the microwave. We don’t need another Monty lol!

Margi, Darren, Ann and 5 others like this.
  6. Sandy in CT

Sandy in CT Premium Member

Aug 5, 2018
    CT
    Oh, oh Misty!!!! But you do have good taste! Next time wait for mommy to cook it - it's even better that way!

I defrost everything in my microwave or if needing a quick defrost, put it in ziploc in a bowl of water and unroll my roll up dish drain over top. This thing is AWESOME, btw, especially for someone who hates counter clutter (me). https://www.amazon.com/Surpahs-Mult...ll+up+dish+drainer&qid=1634128148&sr=8-6&th=1

We have the issue that our cat likes to sample, but he's also a huge fan of sharing. He knocks stuff off the counter for the dogs. He won't touch tomatoes I bring in, but green beans he will sample and knock off so the dogs can have some as well.

Margi, Darren, trini and 3 others like this.
  7. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Thanks everyone! As expected, she's fine this morning and was eager for breakfast and checking the table. :rolleyes2: I never defrost anything on the table, it's lower than the counter and I should know better. But I'd forgotten to take the fish out in time and stupidly put it in the sun on the table. The microwave is a terrific idea, and the dish drainer link too! :yes:

Darren, Sandy in CT, trini and 2 others like this.
  8. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Premium Member

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Out of curiosity, did the increase in oils and fiber in the fish cause any issues? :)

Darren, Piper's mom and trini like this.
  9. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Not until she was in the car this morning on the way to the vet for a routine visit. She is usually carsick, and I gave her Bonine for the 40 minute trip but she threw up the chicken and rice she'd had for breakfast to mitigate last night's feast and it was full of oil. Then more on the way home. So I'd say yes to the oil, but I don't think the fiber bothered her.

She seems fine now snoozing off all the excitement next to me on the couch. :sleepy:

Sandy in CT and Piper's mom like this.
  10. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Oh Ann, that face just cracks me up :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    I'm pleased to hear there were no side effects from the commando mission to liberate the swordfish lol. Monty is extremely proud of Misty :winkgrin::lol: