Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty and Mr B are loving the sun

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, May 21, 2020.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    The weather here has got quite hot here with temps around 27C and Monty is loving it. I have him out for a walk and within 10mins he's back at the door with Mr Broccoli. It's driving me crazy but I just can't so no to the two of them lol. I can get away with letting them have a play in the garden sometimes but most of the time I have to walk the two of them a few blocks :lol: (yes it has also got to the stage where I'm talking as if Mr B is alive....)

Monty130.jpg
    Monty131.jpg

2. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    I think we are ALL thinking about Mr. B as if he was alive, Darren! Sounds like Monty is just trying to take advantage of nice sunny weather. I know for myself it's sometimes hard to just go with the moment, if I have something planned or I'm in the middle of something and one or more dogs wants to play or just be petted. But I find myself better at making the effort, realizing the present moment is all we really have, in a way. And how we need to treasure the time we have with them. The other S**t can wait! :lol:

3. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Western Connecticut
    There is just waaay too much cuteness in those photos, Darren. Who could possibly resist that look? As Sharon said, go with the moment. You won't be sorry!

4. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    A few blocks? Wow. Somedays I dream of only having to do a few blocks. :) Willow, every single day, goes for five miles or eight km, and the first thing she does when she gets home is to try to recruit someone for a game of chase. She's not easily dissuaded and is pretty relentless in her playmate search.[/QUOTE]

jomuir, ghggp, Sandy in CT and 8 others like this.
  5. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    That's a great way of looking at it Sharon and Ann :yes:. At the minute I'm probably spending about 45 minutes of out of every hour walking our playing with them both :lol:. I've never wished for rain so much in my life lol. I can't so no because he looks so sweet holding Mr B and I don't want him to learn he gets ignored when he stands at the door.....oh well, at least it will keep me fit lol

Glenn, all these walks are ontop of his 3 regular big walks lol. He normally gets 3 miles on the morning and night and 5 miles in the afternoon. The rest of the day it's just quick pees and a little zoomies outside. Now he's turned it into 3 big walks followed by 3 small walks every hour :ROFLMAO:
    Willow is an exception, she's a beautiful little play machine :yes::lol:

6. KarenCurtis

KarenCurtis Premium Member

Jan 30, 2010
    Massachusetts
    I love this!!

Darren likes this.
  7. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg Mb
    IMG_5918.JPG Who could possibly resist that face and Mr B? I'm fortunate I have a big yard (small by some standards) and on a corner lot. Piper and Finnie get quite the workout running from the back gate (where they peek out and see people walking on the sidewalk) to the front fence (60 feet away) and they do this CONSTANTLY! I get a kick out of watching them do this! I have a couple sections of fence where they can see out...my next project, getting these boards all on the same side (sorry boys...you'll lose your spy slots lol) and they've learnt after 4 years they can see all sorts of things through these spots lol.

I had to zoom in on this picture as I was on other side of yard but you see Finnie checking out the neighbourhood lol.

jomuir, Calliesmom, Darren and 5 others like this.
  8. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    :ROFLMAO: Oh come on you can't take away their spy slots lol. Love the pic, he's just happily laying there watching the world go by through his spy hole :lol:.
    I've got gaps in my front fence and everyone can see into the garden. All the kids in the neighborhood love Monty with Mr B so when they see him in the garden I normally end up with a bunch of random kids trying to pet him through the fence :rolleyes2:

9. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Southern California
    It stands to reason Monty is a people-magnet, especially with Mr. B held firmly in his mouth LOL. I know I would want to stop and pet him every time I saw him! Meadow is just out this week on leash walks and believe me, we don't get too far without being stopped. I think Faith and Eli have about had it with all the attention given to the "Upstart".

10. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Huntsville,Al
    Amazing the before and after of Monty's life.