Dismiss Notice
Hello Guest, Welcome to the new version of Sheltieforums.com. If you have any questions regarding the new software, please post in the following section: Forum Upgrade

Monty goes Gem hunting at Slitt Wood

Discussion in 'Sheltie Chat' started by Darren, Sep 14, 2021 at 1:02 PM.

1. Darren

Darren Premium Member

Nov 1, 2019
    Montys latest adventure with the girls took them on the hunt for rare gems at Slitt wood (disclaimer, they are not rare or even gems, :lol:)
    It's a bit of a hidden woodland walk along small waterfalls that takes you to an old adandoned Lead mine which closed in 1878. Scattered around the mine if you look hard enough are little rocks that look like gems. The girls really enjoyed trying to find what they believe are 'rare gems' lol.
    Regretfully I am unable to sell them so I can retire early or buy Golden teeth for Monty :rolleyes2::lol:

Monty363.jpg
    Monty365.jpg
    Monty366.jpg
    Monty367.jpg
    Monty368.jpg Monty369.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021 at 1:14 PM
    trini, Sandy in CT, RikyR and 9 others like this.
  2. Ron Atkinson

Ron Atkinson Forums Enthusiast

Oct 5, 2019
    Sugarcreek, Ohio
    Another neat Monty adventure. You really visit so very neat places. Your girls an Monty look like they are having having a great time and making memories that will last a lifetime. :)

But who has Mr B.?

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 4 others like this.
  3. SheepOfBlue

SheepOfBlue Premium Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Monty just needs a couple gold teeth between his fangs

Spitfire Esquire

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  4. Sharon7

Sharon7 Moderator

Oct 31, 2009
    Oh gosh, this could be a weekly installment, Darren! I am traveling vicariously through you and the girls and Monty. What a scenic walk - love all the water and greenery. I saw a recent travel show on the Lake District and it really made me want to explore northern England, which we haven't yet done.

Looks like everyone had a marvelous time and netted "rare gemstones" to boot! :)

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 3 others like this.
  5. Ann

Ann Moderator

Feb 25, 2008
    Monty looks so very happy to be with his girls! What a fun excursion this sounds like. And the weather is always lovely in your pictures, Darren! Where's the rainy England we all hear about? Each spot is more gorgeous than the last. And I'm jealous of that fabulous hat, too! :D

trini, Darren, Sandy in CT and 5 others like this.
  6. Margi

Margi Premium Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Corona, AZ
    How fun!
    Tell Lexi I love the way she rocks that watermelon hat!!

Ann, trini, Darren and 4 others like this.
  7. GlennR

GlennR Premium Member

Jan 11, 2019
    Ontario, Canada
    Nice outing for the family.

trini, Darren, ghggp and 2 others like this.
  8. Piper's mom

Piper's mom Moderator

Jun 26, 2015
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    Love the pictures Darren, your girls and Monty are so fortunate to live in such a beautiful country! There’s really no end to the lovely places you visit!
    Beautiful stones even if they’re not valuable, they’ll be keepsakes for the girls in the years to come!

9. ghggp

ghggp Moderator

Aug 28, 2011
    Grosse Pointe, Michigan
    It never ceases to amaze me the adventures You, Monty, and the girls get up to! How wonderful that you can share such treasures as a family! ❤️ Warms my heart! The adventures of Monty continue… to our delight!

10. trini

trini Premium Member

Nov 13, 2013
    upstate NY, USA
    Another fantastic adventure and great pictures. Monty needs to write a guide book for dogs about all his travels, so other doggies can follow in his paw prints. England has so much history and beauty to offer...it truly is a treasure.
    Trini

Darren, RikyR, ghggp and 2 others like this.